Thread: Mixture of legacy and PBR materials

United States of America, California, Del Mar

Default Mixture of legacy and PBR materials

Got a bit of question regarding the use of legacy and PBR materials in the same mesh. I've been updating one of my meshes to use PBR but wanted to see the possibility of using both legacy materials (m.onetex in this case) and PBR to make my life simpler. Unfortunately, I'm running into some issues with legacy materials with alphas. For some reason they don't load, despite everything being set up correctly.

I understand this is probably not a good thing to do but figured I would report this in-case others try this.

Regards,
    GDennish
    Creator of TRS19 QR PB15, TRS19 Class 37 Cab, TRS19 Class 47 Cab
    Admin of: https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

There's absolutely no reason why you can't mix the newer and older materials in a single mesh.

chris

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

There is one case: name.m.glass (used fore windows) and old material ARN do not mix, the ARN number shows on the windows, this was with first build we had.

United States of America, California, Del Mar

I ended up fixing it, it was something to do with blender. Normally in blender you need to set this alpha value to zero in order for transparency to show, but this causes it to be invisible in-game. For export it should be turned off or set to one.

Seem to have run into another bug, I think it's only for cabviews though. Not really sure what's going here, some of the brass tubes are missing and some of the uvs are messed up. I know there is nothing wrong with the mesh because it appears fine in the asset viewer and blender.

Regards,
    GDennish
    Creator of TRS19 QR PB15, TRS19 Class 37 Cab, TRS19 Class 47 Cab
    Admin of: https://www.sodorworkshops.com/

United States of America, Michagain, Berkley
    Blog Entries

I had some holes show up in the mesh but only at close up, it was ether a missing channel or wrong order in the PBR texture. Also check that you have no overlapping UV's.

Blog Entries

Check if some faces have a second uv channel. It isn't recognized inside Trainz. Also check smoothing groups.