SC44 Charger Work In Progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSurfliner457

NARM Member
Hello Trainz community. I've been working on a big project to get out to the community for free. As the title says I have been working on some SC44 charger locomotives. I have gotten permission from DaveSnow, and RHoods for the use of some of the parts for the locomotive and also using the cab. I currently have a friend working on some bogies for the models. The Brightline nose was created by Nelson Acosta. I'll post updates as time comes to release. I'm still trying to get permissions for lighting effects. Only thing that I'm going to have payware will be a reskin kit for them. They will also have ARN numbers and all that good jazz. Reason I'm having them freeware is because of licensing and so I can keep the logos on the engines. The Chargers were made according to manual diagrams. All Amtrak colors and MARC colors are done properly with there branding guides.

Preview screenshots:
5fff3bbbdd2f57212e2b9d8cbef86b1b.png

Nice work they all look great but I still hate that brightline version hideous design, so to release a payware asset with the real livery you always have to ask for permission ?

Nice work they all look great but I still hate that brightline version hideous design, so to release a payware asset with the real livery you always have to ask for permission ?

It’s not the livery that causes problems it is the logo. In the United States logos are usually covered under trademark or copyright laws. If you are making a profit using someone else’s trademarked logo, slogan, etc. you have “infringed” the copyright or trademark, this can have serious consequences.

Thank you these will be fully freeware. Only mesh I own with the entire model is the body and the nose of the default charger. Davesnows meshes consist of interior detailing and the engine room interior and small little details of the exterior.

Ah, nice to see you washed up in the Trainz community with Davesnow meshes.

Only the logo then thanks

The only way to sell the logos is if you get the proper licensing. Witch I do not have. Have tried to get Amtrak licensing but couldn't get it because of changes they have made. So a lot of my stuff is going to be freeware.

so to release a payware asset with the real livery you always have to ask for permission?

Sometimes railroads, and other non railroad companies, require a license for 3rd parties to use that said railroad/company to use that companies specific logo(s) for selling on a product or item with the logo or branding on it.

Last edited:
Will they have working tail lights? :) I been looking into getting some engine sounds from these engines, but I think it will be hard to replicate them due to the limitations of Trainz.

Will they have working tail lights? :) I been looking into getting some engine sounds from these engines, but I think it will be hard to replicate them due to the limitations of Trainz.

Yes they will have bi directional tail lights/marker lights. I'm still doing some tweaking to them and also working on getting some other projects done for right now. Been back and forth working on projects.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OF MINE CAN EVER BE RELEASED AS PAYWARE. PERIOD.

Its all going to be freeware only thing that is payware is the skinning kit.

When a creator makes a mesh, the texture files are also his/her work as directly tied to the original mesh.
Dave Snow who has offered probably the most content of any other creator has explicitly express NOTHING can ever be released as payware.

"only thing that is payware is the skinning kit" - Not sure what you are not comprehending

Even if whatever you’re saying is correct I don’t think anyone would take it seriously coming from you.

When a creator makes a mesh, the texture files are also his/her work as directly tied to the original mesh.
Dave Snow who has offered probably the most content of any other creator has explicitly express NOTHING can ever be released as payware.

"only thing that is payware is the skinning kit" - Not sure what you are not comprehending

I think he means only the textures will be payware (don't quote me on that though).

It seems that no one really understands the word "NO"

No release's of freeware, as Payware, "EVER"

No redistribution of OPA (OtherPeoplesAssets) as freeware, without explicit permission

No, No, No ...

BBBBBBButt ... It din't' say dat' in the config file ...

NO !

Do you get it now ? ? ?

Seems that everybody wants to steal somebody's asset ... copy, and modify it ... and re-sell it for profit ... What's wrong with that thinking ?

Everything, is wrong about that idea !

Last edited:
But JSurfliner made the locomotive so the textures are his. He can do WHATEVER he wants with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back