Question about a default sound in Trainz.

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
So, I know every version of Trainz has a "Default" bogey sound and it seems that in the Trainz 12 version I have, that "Default" bogey sound happens to be a sound set from Jointed Rail, I'm pretty sure its the "FC_USA" bogey sound is I'm guessing is whats being used as the games "Default" bogey sound. while the sounds are nice, they just arn't appropriate for some rolling stock I am working on. (two and three axle passenger trucks on jointed rail.) These trucks have been given the following lines of code for a sound set I downloaded that I wish to use. Below is a custom truck config file with the sound script placed in the trucks config file itself (I used some of the trucks from Jointed Rail as a reference on how to add this sound script.

kind "bogey"
animdist 3.11

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "truck.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

track-sound
{
{
bogey <kuid:134601:100310>
track-sound <kuid:400260:100650>
priority 3
}
}
asset-filename "TSRR Truck 3 Wheel"

kuid-table
{
}
kuid <kuid:134601:100310>

What I'm not understanding is why I can (Kinda) hear the bogey sounds I added to these trucks, but they are overwhelmed by the Jointed Rail "Default" truck sounds? What asset could I edit to maybe "mute" the default truck sounds so that my custom sounds arn't being overlapped like this?

Does anyone have some insight on this issue? I am experiencing the same thing. I cannot hear the sound of my custom made bogey sounds over JR tracksounds. It seems to be a default bogey sound train 4.6 content.. maybe i am wrong. Is there a way to disable these sounds?

Back