Transdem and Google Earth Data

steins2

Hey all.

I have acquired a basic route created in transdem. All it is, is the DEM data and overlay. Nothing is laid etc, its just as transdem has created it. Now, I dont own transdem, but depending on the outcome of this, I would purchase if needed.

I would like to overlay some Google Earth imagery onto this dem route. Is that possible after its been exported from transdem? If not, is it possible to somehow bring the route back into transdem, and overlay the Imagery in there?

Please Advise,
all the best

Hammie

I have acquired a basic route created in transdem. All it is, is the DEM data and overlay. Nothing is laid etc, its just as transdem has created it. Now, I dont own transdem, but depending on the outcome of this, I would purchase if needed.

I would like to overlay some Google Earth imagery onto this dem route. Is that possible after its been exported from transdem? If not, is it possible to somehow bring the route back into transdem, and overlay the Imagery in there?

As long as your Trainz version is lower than T:ANE SP2 the answer is: yes, you can. You open the route for editing in Trainz Content Manager and select the route in TransDEM to add so-called UTM tiles which act as texture carrier objects. And these texture carrier objects are ideal for ortho-imagery like Google Earth. And TransDEM has all the features to pre-process Google Earth or Google Maps or any other suitable geo data source to use it with Trainz.

However, with the latest versions of Trainz, since T:ANE SP2, this does not yet work, because of the significant route file format changes. I have analyzed and hopefully understood some of them, but the analysis is still incomplete.

Back