Newbie from Grand Rapids here to say HI!

kc8tby

I just purchased and downloaded Trainz: A New Era and I wanted to say hello! As a true "newbie" with this simulation I am excited to learn all the features included with the software and looking forward to sharing my "adventures" here with the rest of this community.
I come from a long line of railroaders; my father worked for over fifty years on the DL&W railroad (later merged with the Erie). I miss the "glory days of railroading and I hope to stoke many memories by getting more involved with Trainz! So, well, hello from this newbie from Grand Rapids, Michigan! :D

KC8TBY that looked suspiciously like a Ham call to me, so I Googled it, given your location I would say I'm spot on ;o) There are one or two of us of us on here, I'm G0DRN, anyway welcome to the addictive world of Trainz, any problems just ask.

:wave: And welcome aboard from Cloudy and Cool Southern California..........

We're glad to see you here,

And since you come from a long line of Railroaders, It will give a great start with Trainz.....

:D Enjoy your new purchase and nice to meet you..........

Welcome to the very addicting world of Trainz. Once you get the hang of the program as it is, dive into Surveyor. I recommend downloading a route off of the Download Station, through the Content Manager, and have a look around. Poke at it with the various tools, adjust things, play with it, etc. This will give you an inkling of how the tools work, then have a go at it yourself. I did just this back in December 2003 and I've been at it ever since!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Back