Texture will not replace using bulk update

Chris750

Hey all; Checked my route and somehow a payware environmental texture sneaked in, Tume kuid2:82412:614172:1 TS12-614172-Ger-Gravel. I have unlocked all my layers, found the asset in the texture, put it into the bulk update/replace,picked 'anywhere in route' and selected a non-payware and hit update, but the payware will not replace. Any ideas how to fix this bloody thing? It sure would be nice if you could just nuke it in CM when listing route dependencies. All that happens when 'replace' is hit is the paint panel slides to the right slightly and then pops back open.

I also tried 'delete missing assets' but that did nothing.

Last edited:
Raised a work ticket, tried everything they said...AND NOTHING...stupid payware is still in route. Have not heard back from troubleshooters either after their suggestions failed, I hope they are working on a way and not just ignoring me. That it works on their system in this case (bulk update) does not mean it works on everyone else.

I hope this works out for you but a few pointers for any additional problems you may may encounter (and all software is "bleeding edge").

You should always indicate which version and build number of Trainz you are using. If, for example, it is the 90945 retail build of TANE then that could explain the issue you were having. That build is very buggy and has problems with the bulk replace tool for some textures, amongst other issues. The current beta version, build 93925, is far superior.

Your point about N3V not responding may be due to differences caused by their help desk and technical support being located on the other side of the date line and in a very different time zone to yourself. This is a point that even experienced posters in these forums sometimes forget particularly when Friday afternoon your time, when a response to an urgent request is immediately required, is Saturday morning N3V time.

90945 is the version I have. They have had the route for a few days now, I guess they are having trouble getting rid of it too.

Finally fixed. N3V had to delete folders, delete missing assets and rebuild to fix it. Glad they were able to figure it out, I never would have.

Back