Drivers don't assign to trains in my session.q

Davie_UCF

Here since 2001, Trainz!!
I've got my drivers rule, my route is full of consists and locos. I add the driver rule and can assign the drivers to each train but when the session loads they're not assigned to a train. Upon going back into edit session the train id in the driver list is now red even though the train exists.

Any ideas?

The first thing I would do is check that the name of the loco (and it usually is a loco) assigned to each driver that is showing in red is actually the correct and exact name of the loco loaded in the route e.g. is there a misspelling? Have you changed the name of the loco? etc.

Failing that, try removing the driver from the Driver Setup rule and then adding her/him again - I know this is a pain if you have a long list of commands assigned to the driver and there is no easy way to put them back into their correct order (if the order is important). The Driver Setup rule badly needs a "save command list" button and a "move up/down list" button.

Beyond that, there are two check boxes at the bottom of the Properties window ([Check Box] Remove all existing Drivers first and [Check Box] Generate new Drivers for empty Trains) try "playing around" with those.

This happened in one of the build versions. Click the red name and assign something else to the driver, this will release the train. Now click on the new name and reallocate the original engine which should now show as normal. I have not encountered this in later beta versions.

I tried removing them from the trains. Totally removing the driver rule and adding a new one.
The loco names show in black once I add them but then once in session the drivers have no engines and if I go back to the session in surveyor they're red again!

I added a new consist and the driver stuck... I'm not sure what is different?
I suppose I could go around deleting all my consists and placing them again.

I found something similar and it was because the driver was payware, changed driver and all was well.

I've got my drivers rule, my route is full of consists and locos. I add the driver rule and can assign the drivers to each train but when the session loads they're not assigned to a train. Upon going back into edit session the train id in the driver list is now red even though the train exists.

Any ideas?
Davie,
You've been into Trainz a lot longer than I have, so I'm hesitant to even offer this possibility.

In reading your description of the problem, it sounds like you set up the locos and drivers and Driver Commands in the Route Layer. Then you Saved. Then you Edited a Session. Are you sure the Session you tried to edit is the Session that got saved when you created the Route with the locos and drivers?

When you edit a Route and Save, Trainz will create and save a Session called Default. If you then go into Route/Edit Session - OtherName, you will not get the results you thought you should be getting.

Davie,
You've been into Trainz a lot longer than I have, so I'm hesitant to even offer this possibility.

In reading your description of the problem, it sounds like you set up the locos and drivers and Driver Commands in the Route Layer. Then you Saved. Then you Edited a Session. Are you sure the Session you tried to edit is the Session that got saved when you created the Route with the locos and drivers?

When you edit a Route and Save, Trainz will create and save a Session called Default. If you then go into Route/Edit Session - OtherName, you will not get the results you thought you should be getting.

It's a decent possibility :hehe:
In TS12 I had all the trains on my route layer... for some reason it was intentional and TS12 didn't mind. It seems TANE does mind, moving them over to a session layer and re-applying the drivers did fix it! :p

I put everything (scenery, trains, industries, etc) into the Route Layer. That being said, TANE will automatically put all Driver Command stuff into a/the Session Layer.

I run with just one Session per Route. Many trains, many industries, etc. If my Route is named Big Yard Rte, my Session is named Big Yard Ses. The suffix makes it easier for me to export and import CDPs as I currently develop in 90945 and then also test in the latest Beta.

I always Select Route - Edit Session. Once in Surveyor, I immediately select the Route Layer and all new stuff, including new trains, goes there. But, since I got into Surveyor through Edit Session, when I add Driver Commands, do Quick Drive and Save (both Route & Session), everything stays in sync.

Last edited:
Back