INFECTED AMERICAN TRAINZ GROUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I recently went to American Trainz Group's website and I was directed to a website not related to American Trainz Group. A popup appeared with a voice that said something about 'Microsoft Edge something something', can't remember what. My internet also stopped responding and had to use Windows Task Manager to exit out of Microsoft Edge. I then used Malwarebytes to scan my computer. Luckily my computer was NOT infected. I would NOT, I repeat, NOT try going there until this has been resolved.

The site works fine for me in google chrome. I did download some CDP files there,scanned them with windows defender,no viruses,although there was a popup that did not take up the hole page. I do not remember what the popup was about,unless the site you are not talking about the site with all the Amtrak stuff on it,like the rolling stock and the P42's? But it does seem that all of a sudden that the home page for the site will not work,but other then that the site looks as it usually does to me.

The site works fine for me in google chrome. I did download some CDP files there,scanned them with windows defender,no viruses,although there was a popup that did not take up the hole page. I do not remember what the popup was about,unless the site you are not talking about the site with all the Amtrak stuff on it,like the rolling stock and the P42's? But it does seem that all of a sudden that the home page for the site will not work,but other then that the site looks as it usually does to me.

Can you provide a link to the website? I deleted it from my favorites after running into the problem, and I want to see if the website I had was the same one you have.

I use Firefox and have downloaded from the site previously, with no problems.
The homepage didn't work for me when selected either.
I just tried it and there was a popup appeared in the bottom right corner, regarding net neutrality. This was easily deleted.
I did another download with no problems today
The link I used was http://www.americantrainz.com
Cheers,
Mike

www.americantrainz.com still works fine with no problems.

We no longer own or control the old Amtrak Trainz url, so if your link is pointing there you need to update your links/bookmarks.

Closed per OP's request.

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back