4 years of trainz

ktain.ny

Wow. I’ve been using Trainz for 4 years.

I’ve seen so much in those 5 years. The rise of amazing sites like K&L to unimaginable fame. The fall of other sites, lost in the abyss.

I’ve seen crazy new projects be attempted, like Matt3985’s IRM route. I’ve even seen the second coming of Anl.

I’ve seen new content creators like USSc1798, who made a great FEF and Challenger.

Lastly, I wanna thank Tony Hilliam and his team for helping to give us this experience. Overall, it’s been crazy and I can’t wait for 4 more years of fun.

4 years LOL!

Yeah a lot has happened here in the past 4 years, both good, bad, and sad, but mostly good stuff.

I've been at it since December 2003!

I'm just waiting for certain notorious TANE grouches to descend on this thread armed with vitriol...... that said , I do not mourn the endless database rebuilds we experienced pre TANE,if nothing else is better in the current version the fact that it rebuilds in seconds not hours is little short of miraculous and I thank NV 3 for that development :)

Must say that my first "discovered" sim was MS but realised you had to be awfully techy to create anything. Did use it for a while then decided to search and came across Trainz 2004 and got a delight when footering about and realised one did not have to be automatically clever coming from Glasgow but a very different opportunity. Instead of the MS limitations and being able to move from train to train and get far wider scenic views I did feel routine life had suddenly got inspired! Heavens, I even delayed a meal with a gracious and attractive lady to achieve an aim in Trainz. Mind you I did not tell her why the meal was delayed for a few days.........

ps She was still chuffed at my company the lucky lady.

WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Perhaps there is a need for the above. In my case addiction is the only word to use. I found Trainz just before Christmas 2001 when it was first released and it has dominated my life ever since. The remarkable thing is that in those intervening years, Trainz has retained it's original magic and has continued to be so important in peoples life.

I still have somewhere the original Train disk complete with stick-on label. That was the beginning of my addiction.

Peter

I was around the 20th person to register on the forum well before the first Trainz was even in beta. I think I was there almost from day one. Missed about 10 or so years after beta testing everything up to TRS06. Totally burned out and life got busy but I'm retired now and back so long as health permits. :)

I've been working on my route longer than 4 years time ... Making a 39 mile long 3935 car RGCX train will take me @ a month more, to download, and get it running

I've been doing Trainz since 2004, starting with UTC which I bought for $9.99. Funny thing is I've only ever made two routes, both under five miles long and both still unfinished! And quite honestly I'm wondering if either of them will ever be finished.

Mick

A couple of you here have made me sigh with a bit of relief considering the amount of time to try and build small routes. What I am presently working on is over 270 and 8 routes..........:eek:

Oh and before that I took a couple of years off and on to build 120 miles of a tramway system closed in my city back in the 1960's. Still sitting on my pc and well overdue for being on the DLS.

Back