Strasburg Rail Road - Work In Progress

Any updates on this? Your last post was June 4 this year. I'm also trying to hunt down some kuid's from your older route with no luck. Like this one by gandalf (Mike). I have no idea what type of asset it is. It probably came from Trainz Commuter Rail and a while ago their forum changed from zetaboards to tapatalk and they lost their downloads but a few are back up like some NJT stuff. <kuid:155115:100203> And a few of yours I can't find like <kuid:313505:2533> <kuid:313505:2544><kuid2:313505:1551:1> <kuid:313505:2534> <kuid:313505:1600> <kuid2:313505:1535:1> and <kuid:313505:1319> And this one by simulatortrain <kuid2:156765:101176:1>

Actually I found them on an old Trainz 12 on an external drive. I'm installing them into Trainz 19.

Last edited:
Any updates on this? Your last post was June 4 this year. I'm also trying to hunt down some kuid's from your older route with no luck. Like this one by gandalf (Mike). I have no idea what type of asset it is. It probably came from Trainz Commuter Rail and a while ago their forum changed from zetaboards to tapatalk and they lost their downloads but a few are back up like some NJT stuff. <kuid:155115:100203> And a few of yours I can't find like <kuid:313505:2533> <kuid:313505:2544><kuid2:313505:1551:1> <kuid:313505:2534> <kuid:313505:1600> <kuid2:313505:1535:1> and <kuid:313505:1319> And this one by simulatortrain <kuid2:156765:101176:1>
Hello! At this time, continuous testing is taking place in TRS19 as I have encountered several bugs once porting the route over from T:ANE (including several splines with their heights adjusted erratically). Who would have thought I'd also run into this much trouble with some simple assets not showing correctly. I had someone testing the route for me in 19 and somehow a number of my structures simply didn't show in-game, and no critical errors reported for them in CM. For me in 19, they showed up without issue. It seems that it was a versioning issue, as I am currently on build 117009 and the person beta testing was on a lower version at the time. I may likely need to perform some updates on the meshes themselves. More to come on that, but it's being worked out. It looks like as of now anyone who uses the route in TRS19 will need to be on build 117009 at a minimum.

And yes the TCR downloads station is long gone, I'm not even sure much of those assets by Gandalf can be obtained from any 3rd party source anymore. That being said, any assets that are currently un-obtainable have since been removed from the route, and I will be providing an updated link list as to where every 3rd-party asset can be obtained. My own stuff will be included in the release package.

Regards,
Rob

Is there a working link somewhere for Gandalf's Valley Railroad and all of his stuff like the custom trains and buildings? If not at the moment I will search in a Trainz 12 install on an external drive to see if I have it there. I want to import it into 19. I remember it had some missing stuff that was very hard to find, or was on foreign language sites with no English translation. There was a dirt road which I couldn't find, this was over several years ago. The thing with older routes is that creators used old content that is broken in newer Trainz and there is no easy way to replace it unless you do it in the older Trainz version first, save, then import that save to the newer Trainz. Sometimes faulty assets are unfixable in newer Trainz versions, they have errors that are impossible to fix like texture errors with an image that won't open in PEV's tool and more complicated errors.

Is there a working link somewhere for Gandalf's Valley Railroad and all of his stuff like the custom trains and buildings? If not at the moment I will search in a Trainz 12 install on an external drive to see if I have it there. I want to import it into 19. I remember it had some missing stuff that was very hard to find, or was on foreign language sites with no English translation. There was a dirt road which I couldn't find, this was over several years ago. The thing with older routes is that creators used old content that is broken in newer Trainz and there is no easy way to replace it unless you do it in the older Trainz version first, save, then import that save to the newer Trainz. Sometimes faulty assets are unfixable in newer Trainz versions, they have errors that are impossible to fix like texture errors with an image that won't open in PEV's tool and more complicated errors.
Unfortunately, I don't know of another location for where the Valley Railroad is hosted. Like the other TCR content, it went by the wayside following the site's shutdown.

I now present to all some screenies from the Strasburg layout from within TRS19! As mentioned, there have been some challenges getting this layout to work bug-free in 19, but we believe much of them have now been resolved.

I do apologize as I know it seems like I keep saying "soon", but with life and some other challenges that keep cropping up, the goal posts keep having to be pushed back. I'm really hoping I can resolve these in-game TRS19 bugs soon and will get this uploaded to my new up and coming website for all to enjoy!

Next step is another check-over from some awesome beta-testers, with hopefully minimal issues!

Regards,
Rob

You used the word unfortunately which means that the Valley Railroad content including the buildings by you are probably gone right now and not even Wayback Archive can get them. But, I found them on a Trainz 12 install on an external hard drive and I could probably move them over to TANE or 19 which I use now. I found the route, and all of the content including the trains and a few reskins I did like a proper New Haven #3025 made from a Ben Neal 2-8-2 locomotive and tender from his 0-8-0 to represent the modified Chinese locomotive. I would also use the open sided coach from K&L's Southern set, some ex-CNJ coaches from K&L's #3254 set, and some ex-DL&W Boonton coaches with open ends also from the #3254 set. They basically have similar coaches to what Steamtown in Scranton has, and Black River & Western in Ringoes and Flemington, NJ. I'm also looking forward to the revised Strasburg route with the Red Caboose Motel redone and that custom Red Caboose building where the dining cars are. How much longer until it's public? I'm Rob, too. My user ID is my initials.

Last edited:
Back