Strasburg Rail Road - Work In Progress

and when you release it could you also create a dependency pack so when we download it it doesnt look like you just downloaded a sodor route from SI3D on TRS19, because trust me, SI3D and Sodor workshops route come always end up having zero resembelance to the picture of it and they end up looking like somebody asked a dragon to breathe fire on their house

Keep up the great work SRR89! Looking forward to it!

Thank you so much!

May I suggest Control Point Simulations as a possible place to release this masterpiece? https://controlpointsimulations.squarespace.com/
They're a relatively new site, but that have a few very high quality routes released already. I feel like your SRC route would fit in perfectly.

I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

and when you release it could you also create a dependency pack so when we download it it doesnt look like you just downloaded a sodor route from SI3D on TRS19, because trust me, SI3D and Sodor workshops route come always end up having zero resembelance to the picture of it and they end up looking like somebody asked a dragon to breathe fire on their house

I'll be able to package together my own assets with the layout, but all 3rd party dependencies not on the DLS that are not my own will need to be downloaded from their respective sites. I'll be putting together a list of what I have with locations of where to find the assets.

Regards,
Rob

Some early morning activity in the East Strasburg Yard!

SRC 8618 recently brought in a cut of loaded centerbeam cars, and the last one is being unloaded. The lumber is temporarily stored in the shed until it is ready to be transloaded for shipment to local industries. These days, with the current demand for lumber, it is often loaded directly from railcar to truck.

Now here's something you don't see every day...

Surprise! The N&W J Class #611 just recently arrived at the Strasburg Rail Road for the summer. The J will be available for regular excursions, in-cab opportunities, hostling tours, and much more throughout the year!

This is about it for the yard at this point. Next up on the list, the Stock Lumber Supply building at Leaman Place!

Regards,
Rob

Hello all! As work continues on the remaining 3D models for this route, I figured I would share a few shots of the "Evening Breeze" on a warm summer evening, featuring SRC #475.

More to come soon!

Regards,
Rob

Those Evening Sunset pictures look really good.......:Y::Y:

And in MSG #63, " SRC 8618 recently brought in a cut of loaded centerbeam cars" I think your little Switcher is very nice looking too......:p

All in all, your Route is coming along nicely.........Thank you for sharing the Pictures........;)

It's about bedtime for old Blue, but before I retire, I think I'll lookup your You Tube site and start watching the Vids......:wave:

Those Evening Sunset pictures look really good.......:Y::Y:

And in MSG #63, " SRC 8618 recently brought in a cut of loaded centerbeam cars" I think your little Switcher is very nice looking too......:p

All in all, your Route is coming along nicely.........Thank you for sharing the Pictures........;)

It's about bedtime for old Blue, but before I retire, I think I'll lookup your You Tube site and start watching the Vids......:wave:

Thank you!! Much appreciated!

It's been a long journey but I think I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel (pun absolutely intended) with this layout!

Regards,
Rob

More progress shots!

On a sunny afternoon, SRC 90 and her train arrive at Leaman Place. In this view, the building that used to be Henry Leaman's hotel still stands across the tracks today. Years later after belonging to Stock Lumber Supply, it is now used by an antiques/cast iron reproduction business called J&B Imports.

A westbound Keystone Service bound for Harrisburg whisks by SRC 90 who is performing the run-around maneuver.

Within a few seconds, the eastbound Amtrak Pennsylvanian train 42 barrels by next to 90.

A broader view of the current J&B Imports building in Leaman Place.

Lastly, a wider view of the final bits of progress made in Leaman Place. The tracks have now been aligned correctly to show the former PRR Main #1 (now SRC run-around track) under the wires next to Amtrak's Keystone line.

At this moment, Leaman Place is now complete! The finish line is even closer, and I'm looking forward to releasing this route in the near future for everyone to enjoy. I will likely be focusing back on East Strasburg Station to make a few more improvements, along with possibly testing this route in TS2019. Thank you to all for sticking around with me, and for all of the feedback along the way. I'm happy to take any additional feedback or questions, comments, etc before I start pushing for release.

Regards,
Rob

Try Fired Up Trainz, it’s $10 but doesn’t have the newer improvements that this route has. You need 19 to run the Fired Up version. It does almost looks like this route by srr89. I wonder if they got permission from him to release it as payware. Was 611 at Strasburg all this time since 2019 or did it go back to Roanoke then return to Strasburg in 2021? It just pulled some trains this month after having work done.

Last edited:
Try Fired Up Trainz, it’s $10 but doesn’t have the newer improvements that this route has. You need 19 to run the Fired Up version. It does almost looks like this route by srr89. I wonder if they got permission from him to release it as payware. Was 611 at Strasburg all this time since 2019 or did it go back to Roanoke then return to Strasburg in 2021? It just pulled some trains this month after having work done.

It's been at Strasburg since 2019 undergoing it's FRA Boiler Inspection. It just recently came back into operating order.

It's been at Strasburg since 2019 undergoing it's FRA Boiler Inspection. It just recently came back into operating order.

Well THAT'S completely false but I'm not gonna hijack this thread into something else. RWK, it went back to Roanoke after the 2019 season and returned to SRC in 2021. Spent the winter/first part of 2022 undergoing repairs and came back out this past fall.

I am definitely overdue for a progress update. As of now, I'm holding out hope for Strasburg to finalize their freight yard in Leaman Place soon so I can properly model it. That being said, this is what I have so far! Based off some drone footage that I found on YouTube from...I believe last year.

As has been previously mentioned, this will be freeware and released for T:ANE in the near future. Of course, I am removing those alpha trees you see and will replace them with 3D trees seen throughout the layout. I have already spent so much time on this route, that continuing to wait may mean the real railroad continues making more updates and this will never be released at that rate :hehe:

So with that being said, if completion of the real freight yard is very soon then I will model that and release this. I am so close! Most likely, this will also be going up for download on my website "Eastern Railfan Productions" that I am still in the process of building for my railfanning hobby.

Also, yes, N&W 611 is still at the Strasburg Rail Road and recently completed her Fall activities, but has not moved anywhere yet. She was there in 2019 then returned to North Carolina, then returned to SRC in 2021 where she ran throughout the year, underwent a 5 year rebuild/inspection at the railroad's own backshops, then returned for service for this past Fall. The VMT hinted at exciting things for 2023, so we will see what happens!

Regards,
Rob

Also, yes, N&W 611 is still at the Strasburg Rail Road and recently completed her Fall activities but has not moved anywhere yet. She was there in 2019 then returned to North Carolina, then returned to SRC in 2021 where she ran throughout the year, underwent a 5 year rebuild/inspection at the railroad's own backshops, then returned for service for this past Fall. The VMT hinted at exciting things for 2023, so we will see what happens!

Okay, thank you for clarifying.

More updates! SRC's Leaman Place freight yard continues to take shape. Based off recent drone footage of the area, I set out to build the next phase of the yard with additional tracks laid out.

SRC 8618 is ready to move two empty centerbeams to the interchange track after stacks of lumber were removed and transloaded onto a flatbed truck for shipment to local industries, while grain hoppers sit ready to be unloaded (with a visit of the Eastbound Pennsylvanian!)

And with the recent news that 611 is remaining at Strasburg for a while longer, why not feature the "Queen of Steam" hauling a photo freight with a guest appearance from SRC 90 pulling a daytime excursion on the Road to Paradise!

52663768126_ea90cb50dd_h.jpg

52664205335_0a6e92027b_h.jpg

52664262603_a056908c6e_h.jpg

52663767966_239cd81d25_h.jpg

52663264292_2bd953a7d8_h.jpg

52663264202_017e2f0aa4_h.jpg

What's next? My website that I will be hosting the route at is still taking shape as time permits, and the route will be released in due time with a couple alterations I want to make to older structures. Some of the custom models will likely be updated following release of the route as my time to work on this is very limited due to outside obligations. As a reminder, this route is being built in T:ANE and will be tested in TRS19.

Let me know if y'all have any questions!

Regards,
Rob

Looking great Rob!
Much appreciated, thank you!

Some more recently taken screenshots for everyone's enjoyment!

Next steps: a rebuild of one of my older 3D models for the Groff's Grove picnic area, followed by final adjustments to texturing, then porting over to TRS19 for testing.

Regards,
Rob

That looks like my "L'il red wagon" in shot number 5! It was a reddish orange '62 Volkswagen bug. I sure had a lot of fun with that car!

That looks like my "L'il red wagon" in shot number 5! It was a reddish orange '62 Volkswagen bug. I sure had a lot of fun with that car!

Awesome! I figured I'd add a little character to the scene. There's a certain time machine with wheels hiding around that area too :cool:

Regards,
Rob

Groff's Grove has been reworked, with a new accurately made shelter standing guard!

Still working finishing touches, but testing in TRS19 is imminent then will start looking at creating a release package soon! :)

Regards,
Rob

Back