Strasburg Rail Road - Work In Progress

Quick question. What were those assets he used for the wires above the keystone corridor since i forget the name of them. Do you know where I can get those or any other similar versions?

Thank you all for the kind words. Progress is slow but just finished a new and improved coal bunker, plus some of many custom sheds around the yard area.

In an alternate dimension, SRC 7312 is back to life and coaling up in the early morning for a two-train operation day with ex-N&W 475.

Regards,
Rob

I like the Red Caboose building. Is it finished? I am updating your older route and merged it with DEM from Philly to Harrisburg. Would you be able to send me the Red Caboose building privately? I would love to add it to my route update. I’m Rob, too. I did a workaround though and found a roof to go over the two dining cars, I used pweiser’s heavyweight dining car which I painted brown and lettered Red Caboose Lodge like the 80’s.

I like the Red Caboose building. Is it finished? I am updating your older route and merged it with DEM from Philly to Harrisburg. Would you be able to send me the Red Caboose building privately? I would love to add it to my route update. I’m Rob, too. I did a workaround though and found a roof to go over the two dining cars, I used pweiser’s heavyweight dining car which I painted brown and lettered Red Caboose Lodge like the 80’s.

I have some minor tweaks I still want to make, but I'll give you a holler once it's 110% ready! I used K&L's PRR P70s to get the roofing just right, as I only had photographs to go off of when creating this model.

Some more screenshots just because!

We send it back a few decades with SRC 90 pulling a daily passenger excursion, along with PRR 7002 and 1223 hot on 90's tail, hauling the return trip of a 1985 NRHS excursion.

Regards,
Rob

Bob .well done sir . some of your shots look vary much like photos I've taken over the years there and back in time . :D

Matt

Bob .well done sir . some of your shots look vary much like photos I've taken over the years there and back in time . :D

Matt

Thank you Matt! Much appreciated!

Looking real sick!

Thank you so much!

It's getting there. Almost done with the yard, and ready to move on to Leaman Place to finalize a few of the custom models there, then it'll just about be at the finish line!

Regards,
Rob

I've been looking for a good version of the Strasburg Railroad since I just got TRS19. I've heard that the one on the DLS needs a lot of work to get it up to par/ And while I have some experience with using the route editor in Railworks, I have no experience with the Surveyor Mode. Whenever you get this out I'll be one of the first few people to download it.

I've been looking for a good version of the Strasburg Railroad since I just got TRS19. I've heard that the one on the DLS needs a lot of work to get it up to par/ And while I have some experience with using the route editor in Railworks, I have no experience with the Surveyor Mode. Whenever you get this out I'll be one of the first few people to download it.

Yeah there's been many versions of this going back to TRS2006. I completely rebuilt it from the ground up with a DEM for TS2010, and went from there. This version updates off of the TS10 version but is made to close resemble what the SRC looks like today. Except they keep making more changes as each year passes so it won't be perfect by any means lol. I'm really hoping to find a formal site to release this route since TCR seems to no longer be in operation. So fingers crossed! Thank you!

THis is a fantastic route looking forward to being able to run on it. Great work

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the kind words.

~Rob

I'll certainly keep my ear to the floor if they are looking for any submissions ;)

Fresh out of the paint shop is the new Brent L Miller SRC Station Clock!

50875608363_533518c743_h.jpg

Regards,
Rob

Yeah there's been many versions of this going back to TRS2006. I completely rebuilt it from the ground up with a DEM for TS2010, and went from there. This version updates off of the TS10 version but is made to close resemble what the SRC looks like today. Except they keep making more changes as each year passes so it won't be perfect by any means lol. I'm really hoping to find a formal site to release this route since TCR seems to no longer be in operation. So fingers crossed! Thank you!

I do have a website that has mainly focused on Railworks content but I've been thinking of expanding to Trainz content as well. I would be more than willing to host the route once it's finished. My site is called TS Dieselworks but once we start (hopefully) adding Trainz content I'll be dropping the TS part of the sites name.

Do you know if the updated route will be released in 2021? This looks so much more accurate than the older route although I am trying to update the older one with assets similar to the ones you created from scratch to hold me over until you release this. I just search the dls for similar assets. In fact, I decided to use your Deep River station for the Red Caboose building along with a roof to go over the two dining cars. I liked PWeiser’s steel heavyweight dining car because it has an interior similar to the ones at Red Caboose with tables and chairs. The PRR coach from K&L just has seats. I also like the track by pencil42 called gray milled 60 or something because it has 60lb rail. What pound of rail does Strasburg have though? I would have liked to use procedural track for realistic switches though. And my route I merged with a big dem to Harrisburg and to the East to have more land in the background and maybe extend the Amtrak line a bit.

Hey rwk,

Sorry I somehow missed your reply. Progress is slow but as of now I have to finish building the lumber shed for the rail yard, and the remaining custom buildings for Leaman Place. I honestly think after this, I can start considering beta testing. As long as I don't hit any roadblocks, I'd like to get this out by the end of the year (hopefully). I'm also still trying to find options on where to release the route. DLS likely isn't going to be an option due to the size of the custom assets I've created for this.

I modelled Red Caboose Motel and the roof over the dining cars off of K&L's PRR coaches since they are big enough for any other large coach/dining car of your choice to be placed there. Over time I might see if there are suitable cars I can reskin for the actual restaurant.

From SRC's track improvements, I believe they have placed at least 100lb+ rail on the main to handle their ever-expanding freight movements. I'd have to double check the exact weight when I'm there in person (likely this upcoming weekend). I currently lack the skills to create the procedural track but might consider that as an update to the SRC shortline track you see in the screenshots here.

As far as the Amtrak Keystone line goes, it remains largely unchanged from the previous iteration for TS2010, except that I replaced the PRR catenary and tracks, and probably upgraded a few textures along the way. I even left Irishtown Crossing as-is even though it doesn't exist anymore. I'd be curious to see how yours looks with the DEM attached!

This is my update for now. I will continue chugging along and hopefully be near the end soon. :)

~Rob

I'm also still trying to find options on where to release the route. DLS likely isn't going to be an option due to the size of the custom assets I've created for this.

May I suggest Control Point Simulations as a possible place to release this masterpiece? https://controlpointsimulations.squarespace.com/
They're a relatively new site, but that have a few very high quality routes released already. I feel like your SRC route would fit in perfectly.

Is there anymore work being done? Also is this going to be released soon?
yeah i really want a route for my strasburg engines and i cant find any other than those ones on the dls and I use TRS19 so the routes come out pretty bad because the routes probably arent compatible with TRS19 so i was hoping you could tell us or at least estimate when this route will have its release,

Back