Does anyone have South Shore or North Shore Line content?

Both are not working, yet I have downloaded what is required.

If you mean the Merchandise motors or Electroliner, I may be able to help. If the layout, someone experienced with T:ANE layouts may be able to. Either way, though, there is a great range of possible values for "not working," especially on layouts, so you're much more likely to get helpful advice if you're more specific.

I checked content manger, I have downloaded all the stuff required.

There's something wrong with the interior for the 215 (trailer). For kicks I replaced the interior with that used in 200 and it worked. I noted this today, but just went to the chat now to find this post so I add to it instead.

In SP3 the error has something to do with mesh missing at position 0, or whatever that means.

OK, I took a look at the <kuid:520526:2672> North Shore MD Trailer Interior vs the <kuid:520526:2662> North Shore MD Interior and it appears that the trailer interior does not have a visible mesh, at least nothing is visible in Preview Asset. Apparently this works fine in 90945 but does not work in 94217. This does not relate to Jason's problem.

@ jason912 "All of them are not working" does not provide enough information for us to help you.

Can you open Content Manager? Can you see the assets listed in Content Manager? Are there errors? Does it say Faulty? Work with us to help you.

That's true, I was a little surprised the empty mesh table worked, but it did (I used to include an underground invisible once-face mesh for these). I'll remember to do that in future, now that T:ANE is complaining about it.

OK, I took a look at the <kuid:520526:2672> North Shore MD Trailer Interior vs the <kuid:520526:2662> North Shore MD Interior and it appears that the trailer interior does not have a visible mesh, at least nothing is visible in Preview Asset. Apparently this works fine in 90945 but does not work in 94217. This does not relate to Jason's problem.

@ jason912 "All of them are not working" does not provide enough information for us to help you.

Can you open Content Manager? Can you see the assets listed in Content Manager? Are there errors? Does it say Faulty? Work with us to help you.

I'll bet it's that darned PAndrews driver mesh for the Electroliner, but the MDs use PBunyan, who's on DLS.

That's true, I was a little surprised the empty mesh table worked, but it did (I used to include an underground invisible once-face mesh for these). I'll remember to do that in future, now that T:ANE is complaining about it.

Do you have a suggestion? The fix I'm using now is to edit the trailers' config.txt to point to <kuid:520526:2662> North Shore MD Interior which seems OK, I think.

Do you have a suggestion? The fix I'm using now is to edit the trailers' config.txt to point to <kuid:520526:2662> North Shore MD Interior which seems OK, I think.

That's what I did.

As I said the error message makes absolutely no sense to me, and I worked as a tech soothsayer for many years and could interpret most error messages pretty well including those many obtuse ones, but this one falls into the unknown category of "An error occurred of a type unknown", which used to plague old Apple OS 7.x to OS9x, and has left me scratching my head.

I both to work.

I was only missing 2 assets. I found them this morning. I got the Electorliners and Freight Motors working.

Last edited:
I was only missing 2 assets. I found them this morning. I got the Electorliners and Freight Motors working.

Very happy to hear that! Enjoy.

@normhart - If you look closely that will leave brake needles and handles, and controller levers flitting around near the former driver position, but they're not too noticeable unless you look for them (g) .

Very happy to hear that! Enjoy.

@normhart - If you look closely that will leave brake needles and handles, and controller levers flitting around near the former driver position, but they're not too noticeable unless you look for them (g) .

@ good to hear jason912, happy trainzing!

@ Paul, maybe I'll clone those and see if I have a transparent texture floating around for those controls.

@ good to hear jason912, happy trainzing!

@ Paul, maybe I'll clone those and see if I have a transparent texture floating around for those controls.

That will work for the levers, but the needles are notex. They only show up in cab view, though.

Back