Several Questions About Trees On A Route

Does Trainz12 have the option to automatically rotate trees? T:ANE does that. Secondly, any good TS12 trees I can use or any T:ANE trees that are compatible with Trainz12? Will be getting a new computer soon and will most likely get T:ANE, so I will most likely transfer the route over. Third, what are some good tree groups that will save time in individual laying down trees in vast areas? Fourth, in some Trainz games (most likely T:ANE I believe) I see mountains that are blanketed with a thick brush of trees. Got to have a strong memory card for that I would imagine eh? I suppose I should wait until I get a newer computer with a stronger and better memory card, correct? Lastly, I noticed that when I lay down trees individually,10 minutes later the game unexpectedly quits. Not sure what's up with it. All kinds of advice and tips are welcome.

Does Trainz12 have the option to automatically rotate trees? T:ANE does that. Secondly, any good TS12 trees I can use or any T:ANE trees that are compatible with Trainz12? Will be getting a new computer soon and will most likely get T:ANE, so I will most likely transfer the route over. Third, what are some good tree groups that will save time in individual laying down trees in vast areas? Fourth, in some Trainz games (most likely T:ANE I believe) I see mountains that are blanketed with a thick brush of trees. Got to have a strong memory card for that I would imagine eh? I suppose I should wait until I get a newer computer with a stronger and better memory card, correct? Lastly, I noticed that when I lay down trees individually,10 minutes later the game unexpectedly quits. Not sure what's up with it. All kinds of advice and tips are welcome.

Ensure that you have randomly rotate objects checked in the settings under the Main menu. I think the option is on the general settings page.

RMM made some Speed Trees for TS12 that are automatically obsoleted by their T:ANE equivalents if you have downloaded them into T:ANE first. I highly recommend downloading all his trees into T:ANE anyway because he has many, many more available.

RMM made some Speed Trees for TS12 that are automatically obsoleted by their T:ANE equivalents if you have downloaded them into T:ANE first. I highly recommend downloading all his trees into T:ANE anyway because he has many, many more available.
how do you tell which tree is which? The asset description uses a generic screenshot.

One of my pet peeves ... when a description and screenshot are all generic, and all identically the same

The only way is to edit each and every of the 1197 trees, and re-name all the username tag lines, with a prefix, to what you want it to be, ie: "RMM Tree 50m"

With RGCX railcars I plan to re-name each of is 3484 railcars config file, username tag line, with the Prefix: "RGCX ..." so I can locate them all alphabetically grouped together

Last edited:
One of my pet peeves ... when a description and screenshot are all generic, and all identically the same

The only way is to edit each and every of the 1197 trees, and re-name all the username tag lines, with a prefix, to what you want it to be, ie: "RMM Tree 50m"

With RGCX railcars I plan to re-name each of is 3484 railcars config file, username tag line, with the Prefix: "RGCX ..." so I can locate them all alphabetically grouped together

It's especially bad when it's in a language I don't understand or a cryptic designation of some sort.

Back