Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dim Headlight Rule

Default Dim Headlight Rule

Had it, lost it, can't find it. Allowed you to dim the headlights since the built-in were too bright. Please direct me as to where I can find it. Thanks.
    pop pop

It's probably 'JTG Correct Vehicle Lights" <kuid2:478657:999103:1>.

Peter

....which doesn't work in my 90945 build TANE SP2...

JAGG, after reading your response I did a check of some of my locos because I also use build 90945 and what locos I checked all work fine with that rule. What I had to do was once they were moving and I had NO lights I right clicked and went into their setting and turned OFF headlights on and then turned headlights ON and the lights appeared and were dim. Why this worked I have no idea but I hope this works for you.

Peter, yes, that was it and thank you.
    pop pop

Cool

Thank you gentleman, for excellent Tip,

Had no idea anything like this existed for our Locomotive Lighting etc.

I downloaded and it appears to work OK.....Depending on how the Asset was made for lighting.......

Quote Originally Posted by stouthm View Post
    JAGG, after reading your response I did a check of some of my locos because I also use build 90945 and what locos I checked all work fine with that rule. What I had to do was once they were moving and I had NO lights I right clicked and went into their setting and turned OFF headlights on and then turned headlights ON and the lights appeared and were dim. Why this worked I have no idea but I hope this works for you.

Peter, yes, that was it and thank you.
    Thanks a lot for Your suggestions, but it simply doesn't work for me. I really have enough, got disgusted by this damned T:ANE again :-/ Better go to play War Thunder. Grrrr.

Go play War Thunder, get your aggression out and then go back to T:ane and start over. The rule seems to be working for everyone but you so do a fresh start, not reload the game but a fresh start with the problem and see if you can do something different and get it working. In game at the top right there's a wrench looking icon and clicking on that drops down a menu and in that menu there's a line for dim headlights. Try various things. Good luck.
    pop pop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stouthm View Post
    In game at the top right there's a wrench looking icon and clicking on that drops down a menu and in that menu there's a line for dim headlights.
    That menu option is built into TANE without installing the rule (at least in my SP2 HF3 beta) so is this rule now obsolete?
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Excellent question. I'll fool around with the various options tomorrow and see what I come up with. The answers will be in this thread.
    pop pop

United States of America, CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    That menu option is built into TANE without installing the rule (at least in my SP2 HF3 beta) so is this rule now obsolete?
    Those menu options never worked for me, so I am glad to have this rule. It works to an extent, but it seems that older assets that are made with a high specular setting still glow dazzling white. But it is an improvement and I appreciate it. I am on build 90955.

BTW an easy way to try it out is to also install the Set Driver Conditions rule which allows you to set time-of-day in real time.

Mick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Berg View Post
    BTW an easy way to try it out is to also install the Set Driver Conditions rule which allows you to set time-of-day in real time.
    Tried to locate the "Set Driver Conditions" rule but it does not appear to be on the DLS.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

It's called Set_Driver_Conditions_Rule <kuid:99999:696969>.

Peter

Blog Entries

Sorry, does not work. I am using TANE SP2 HF3 beta build 93871.

I installed it and added it into the session rules. There are no controls in its properties window and not even a set of basic instructions. In Surveyor and Driver a small icon appears in the top left of the screen that looks like (.). Clicking it does nothing, pressing the period key (a logical guess based on the icon) did nothing.

The rule doesn't have any options to set in surveyor. In driver there is a window in the top left, which allows to set time, timerate, weather, weatherchanging and to change between cab and dcc mode. All this could be done using the QuickDrive Rule, which probably is a better choice.

Peter

Blog Entries

This is why I stay with ts12 less problems other than the lighting and graphics aren’t as good as tane but will do great if you can adjust the lighting right hope that makes since but I have a low end pc so tane won’t work for me to be honest they should have made that game for people like me because not everyone can just go out and buy a top end pc lol