My CD key was unregistered/stolen from me and now says its registered Elsewhere.

SpeedWagon

So, I had to format my computer because of a broken windows update on windows 10, and when I tried to go to the download station after reinstalling Traina '12, it said the CD key was not registered to my account. And When I tried to register it again, it restricted my account and I cant download anything to the game. also, I can not get a refund on it or get a new CD key. any help/ Compensation for my stolen registration/ CD key?

Thats funny... Do you have a Trainz account? If so log in and you will be able to find your download keys. By your post it shows you have not registered your product. Please register your product, then download and you will be back up to date.

I have done that, it didn't help

Thats funny... Do you have a Trainz account? If so log in and you will be able to find your download keys. By your post it shows you have not registered your product. Please register your product, then download and you will be back up to date.

I have done that, and it was registered before I had to format my computer, and I went to my registered keys, and its not there either. and when I try to register it, it restricts my account.

I have done that, and it was registered before I had to format my computer, and I went to my registered keys, and its not there either. and when I try to register it, it restricts my account.

So a lot to talk about. What version of Trainz are you using? You were registered back in 2016. The more information you can give the more you will receive.

Here's what I got

So a lot to talk about. What version of Trainz are you using? You were registered back in 2016. The more information you can give the more you will receive.

The windows Update happened in March of 2017, I didn't get around to formatting the computer until August, then I reinstalled the game and when I went to the Content Manager, it showed the message that the CD key wasn't registered to the account, I didn't really care about it too much because I was too busy to deal with it until now. so I tried again a few days ago and it still gave me the same message.

Are you using the same login name "SpeedWagon" and password [don't type that here] that was used to create your Trainz account? Having your computer reformatted wont change that. Login and go to your profile page to get your game key(s).

Yes I have Done that, and still nothing

Are you using the same login name "SpeedWagon" and password [don't type that here] that was used to create your Trainz account? Having your computer reformatted wont change that. Login and go to your profile page to get your game key(s).

I have made sure that was the right one. And still nothing

You mean your registration page at the Trainz website is empty? What do you get when you click on the MyTrainz link at the top of this page? On the left side of the page that opens is a link to Serial number. That will show all the serial numbers that you have registered. So even if your computer has forgotten them, they are still there.

It's not there

You mean your registration page at the Trainz website is empty? What do you get when you click on the MyTrainz link at the top of this page? On the left side of the page that opens is a link to Serial number. That will show all the serial numbers that you have registered. So even if your computer has forgotten them, they are still there.

Well, there not there. I have tried to re register it and my account got restricted, and even the game version doesn't recognize my account

Did you ever really bought it or you hope that N3V will offer you a copy ? Anyway if you’re sure about what you said send a ticket at the helpdesk

So, I had to format my computer because of a broken windows update on windows 10, and when I tried to go to the download station after reinstalling Traina '12, it said the CD key was not registered to my account. And When I tried to register it again, it restricted my account and I cant download anything to the game. also, I can not get a refund on it or get a new CD key. any help/ Compensation for my stolen registration/ CD key?
If it was registered to your original UN & PW, E Mail address, it is still registered under that original UN & PW, EMail address. Try hard to remember them. You can not re-register the game a second time. Did the Game and CM previously work fine, when you first registered it with your original UN & PW, E Mail address ???

Last edited:
This really sounds like a matter for the Helpdesk. If it was registered before under the OP but a different username, why not see if you can recall when last posted under that name to get a clue as to what it is.

I seriously doubt there will be much sympathy or that there will be a refund coming under the circumstances when the software has previously been used.

Or even better, hand in back pocket, get your wad of notes out and buy a copy of TANE which is cheap as chips whether from N3V or Steam. Most up to date version, all the TS12 assets (admittedly not the routes) are on the DLS anyway.

Also when you change your UN, PW, EMail address ... this makes it impossible for N3V to know who you really are.

Changing these UN, PW, EMail address will require the Helpdesk, to merge your accounts. I believe you can only reset these 1 time

Hi SpeedWagon
Please contact our helpdesk at http://support.trainzportal.com/ and they should be able to assist you to locate what account your serial number is registered to. Please note, if you have given the serial number to someone else and they have registered it then there may not be much we can do.

Back