TRS2019 - Default Content?

Vern

Trainz Maverick
So can N3V/Tony clear up an issue which has come up elsewhere - where it is claimed the Canadian route pack is going to be the only content which actually ships in TRS2019?

If so, appears N3V going down the DTG TSW route with the core code which everyone has to buy regardless of whether they want it or not, in order to run the DLC which will then follow.

If true, will TRS2019 therefore be pitched at an appropriate lower price, say GBP £20/USD$25?

Confirmation or denial appreciated.

As posted in the other thread:

Who knows where people get this information from - certainly not the people who know exactly what is going to be included (which is definitely more than a Canadian route pack). And as we've said many times before, freeware via the Trainz Download Station is one of the key strengths of Trainz, so that isn't changing either. Payware is part of our business model, and that is here to stay as well, but we're conscious of making things as affordable as possible, while also recognizing that the product is not mass market (therefore, simple economics dictates that prices are necessarily higher than they would be if the market were bigger).

As posted in the other thread:

Who knows where people get this information from - certainly not the people who know exactly what is going to be included (which is definitely more than a Canadian route pack). And as we've said many times before, freeware via the Trainz Download Station is one of the key strengths of Trainz, so that isn't changing either

N3V has fun, again. Withouth any information it launch announcement for new edition and now observe all pros and cons. Not basic information what TRS19 will give us, no video, only artistic picture which has nothing to do with real game. it seems that we will have again the problems with CTD, with a lot of betas and betas and betas after July, with searching for solutions because software won't work as it should.
I have problems with TANE build 90945 (CTD, don't recognize trackmarks, commands etc. ) so i can't say that TANE is a good software. If i had the SP3 maybe the progress is made, but i'm waiting that you publish this SP3. Some trainzers with beta says that it's superb. I don't believe before i don't run it. And once again, it is very important, i have not problems with TS12.
Maybe is something truth in Vern's post:
''I am somewhat looking forward to this but as someone still working in TANE SP1 HF4 due to the complete mess the programmer(s) made in > SP2 I will probably take a raincheck on Day 1 purchase. And I know from the rather dismissive response to questions (not a wish list as it was spun back to me) about improvement in basic train sim functions, this is more than likely another, admittedly nice looking, but still another emperor's new clothes makeover for the product, on the spaghetti code dating back to 2001''

I will bought TRS19 when come out in July, but will i be satisfied.

regards
celje

Last edited:
Celje,

TRS19 will be out in the last quarter of 2018 (Oct - Dec) not July. The first test version will be out sometime in July and will only be available to those who are on its beta test program. It will not be for purchase until later in the year.

There is a lot of misinformation in your post. To cover just a few points.

If you look at the Articles link at the top of this page you will find a lot of information about what is in the new version - so there is no "Without any information".

I have the TANE SP2 HF3 beta and it is vastly superior to the version you are using, but you don't have to believe me. Wait and see yourself.

The big thing with TRS19 will be PBR and only a hand full of things have been made as yet so it to early to say what will be in it.

pware

I admire your knowledge and very strong support to N3V. Yes you are right, it is not correct to say "Without any information", we have some, the bigger one is that we now know the title of next Trainz, of course we need some video, list of routes and tehnical support. So it would be better to say '' not enough information''. I read in Press Release that it will be early access in July, at Steam it mean that you buy game cheaper and has opportunity to help devs in development.
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 announced

by Tony_Hilliam

Published on May 10th, 2018 11:40 PM
48 Comments
comment.png

Press Release

Brisbane, Australia – 11th May 2018

N3V Games today announced that the next version of their long running Trainz franchise will officially launch in Q4, 2018. Titled “Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019” this version will deliver more realism, more features and more content than ever before, with Early Access becoming available from July 2018.

So pware be so kind and tell us from where you got this information:

''The first test version will be out sometime in July and will only be available to those who are on its beta test program''

Last edited:
Okay so a bit of a vague response, but I for one would hope the developers will acknowledge that a new release of Trainz needs more than one route. Those routes need to show off the best of what the improvements to the game engine can offer and not relics that belong in the TRS2006 era, :) .

Last edited:
Unless magically people have been found who can create content for a game before not even the core game part is entirely finished, I doubt (again) there will be build in content in a large amount showing off the new features. Most likely it will be content that uses only features already available in T:ANE, though to be honest T:ANE was and still is a very powerful game and it appears that no one has really pushed it to its boundaries yet, just compare the latest good routes that came out with for example Kickstarter County, and we still can go further. So there is hope that, while content in the next Trainz might likely be "just" T:ANE content, it is content of the latest knowledge and building techniques.

Also its good that with the developement build for a few content creators N3V allowed us to get used to the new techniques in route and object contruction as far as they were already developed, which together with a early access version of the game gives about a year headstart to some creators which hopefully means we will see content using the new techniques on the DLS and the Trainz Store sooner than with T:ANE

Greets, Mika

So pware be so kind and tell us from where you got this information:
''The first test version will be out sometime in July and will only be available to those who are on its beta test program''

Tony mentioned in one of his replies to the announcement post that there will be a "close beta test" program and I do recall seeing it mentioned somewhere else as well. I had assumed that this, the beta release, was to be the "early release" in July but I could be wrong on that. However, if the official release is Oct-Dec then it would be reasonable to assume that any release at least 3 months before that would have to be for testing purposes, i.e. a "beta".

Last edited:
To clear up some points:
1. TrainzDev builds have been released to content creators to investigate the exporters, materials, ground cover tools for a few months now (this build has most functionality, but not content or UI from TRS2019).
2. TRS2019 Closed beta: by invitation only, under NDA - "soon"
3. TRS2019 Early Access: begins ~July and will be available to people who pre-order (now I'll be in trouble with marketing for pre-releasing that information!)
* Will there be bugs? Yes.
* Will it be similar in stability to TANE SP3? Yes.
* Will there be additional bugs not seen in TANE? In theory there will be nothing critical, in practice, time will tell.
4. TRS2019 Official Launch: we're aiming for Q4, subject to Early Access feedback.

For clarity, not much marketing information does not mean "loads of bugs", but rather, we're busy working on the development of the product rather than spending our limited time and resources on marketing images.

While I can understand the frustration over "bugs", the pattern that I see constantly is that those who report their bugs are happy as we fix the problem. Those who sit back and complain about the bugs don't get them fixed, because a huge percentage of bugs being identified by beta testers are specific to a particular route/asset combination. The more testing, the better off we're going to be.

Today we've fixed two crash bugs in TANE reported by beta testers (and those bugs fixes flow through to the TRS2019 code base)
- one was using an Interlocking tower along with a particular signal
- another required the asset download window to be open while carrying out certain tasks in Surveyor.
Both were very quick to resolve once the problem was identified.

Thank you for your kind words.
1. You confirm that your announcement is too early. You have nothing to show in this stage, no video, no routes, no technical support (e.g. which grafic card is a min for run TRS19 ). I compare your marketing with let us say Anno 1800. They show that they care for customers.
2. My TANE build 90945 is not accurate , i lost trust. So for me it would be much better to see first SP3 running in my TANE and see that TANE work good enough. Then it would be pleasure to see the announcement for new product. As i said i'm to old and to nerves to be a part of beta testers or to be a hunter for bugs.

regards
celje

Last edited:
We each have our opinions. Our announcement isn't too early, it's just that our marketing department also work in QA, content development, and many other roles. The min spec won't be changing, but we do need to devote time to working out what that spec is. Again, those resources are being used to make the product better. You don't need to know the spec until it's time to make a buying decision, so that work can wait.

And you won't have to wait long for SP3, but since we want to be certain that there aren't any backward steps in this release, we're continuing testing prior to making it official. It is there for you to try out right now if you wish. You can copy your current install to a new location, patch and try it out without fear of corrupting your current build.

And further to that point, if your issue (which you haven't mentioned details of) hasn't been reported by anyone else, then it is likely that it isn't fixed yet, so testing the build makes even more sense.

So i would like to chime in here. I am currently building 'Route Building Blocks' and will be releasing them soon. They are made with TANE and from what I read in these forums is that TANE has a different engine than TS12 and before, and NEXT will be based on the same TANE engine. So I am building Routes that are compatible with NEXT. I should not have to worry about compatibility as I am only using built-in content.

So if what I just wrote is true, there will be more content than the bashers here are spewing out. Se La Vie.

It's a matter of opinion as to how different the code is between TS12 and TANE (or for that matter Trainz CE and TANE) but best not get into that debate, other than it probably has more spaghetti than an Italian restaurant.

As to how effective stuff made in TANE will be in TRS2019, who knows at this stage. I'm still building in TANE SP1 HF4 because the company nerfed their own code going into SP2 and beyond.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic but my thoughts at present are not to commit to a massive route building project in TANE and necessarily expect it to slide over seamlessly to TRS2019. Hopefully I will be proved wrong...

Make sure stuff like this is included:

typical_steam_picture.jpg

Kickstarter Country from TANE, really, that route was a selling point.

Harold

Maybe I'm just an old cynic but my thoughts at present are not to commit to a massive route building project in TANE and necessarily expect it to slide over seamlessly to TRS2019. Hopefully I will be proved wrong...

Very wise, I suggest. :) The new ground textures for TRS19 are way diifferent than before and were included in the TrainzDev version some time ago. That version was also made available to a wider community. Probably to get some exposure to route builders (my guess). N3V have also put a lot of effort into dev support for this thru Paul Olsen. Much is this is visible to all.

The Physical Based Rendering (PBR) change is massive for any context creator, including route builders. New routes featuring PBR assets are going to be slow coming.

It's a pity I didn't know about the Rocky Mountaineer bit as I rode that train from Vancouver to Banff about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't get too many photos of the train itself but could have taken heaps of the interior. The part of the route I saw is mind bending.

Back