Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRS2019 - Default Content?

United States of America, Florida and Illinois

So i would like to chime in here. I am currently building 'Route Building Blocks' and will be releasing them soon. They are made with TANE and from what I read in these forums is that TANE has a different engine than TS12 and before, and NEXT will be based on the same TANE engine. So I am building Routes that are compatible with NEXT. I should not have to worry about compatibility as I am only using built-in content.

So if what I just wrote is true, there will be more content than the bashers here are spewing out. Se La Vie.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

It's a matter of opinion as to how different the code is between TS12 and TANE (or for that matter Trainz CE and TANE) but best not get into that debate, other than it probably has more spaghetti than an Italian restaurant.

As to how effective stuff made in TANE will be in TRS2019, who knows at this stage. I'm still building in TANE SP1 HF4 because the company nerfed their own code going into SP2 and beyond.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic but my thoughts at present are not to commit to a massive route building project in TANE and necessarily expect it to slide over seamlessly to TRS2019. Hopefully I will be proved wrong...
    Digging away in TRS2019...

United States of America, Delaware, Dover

Make sure stuff like this is included:

Kickstarter Country from TANE, really, that route was a selling point.

Harold

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post

Maybe I'm just an old cynic but my thoughts at present are not to commit to a massive route building project in TANE and necessarily expect it to slide over seamlessly to TRS2019. Hopefully I will be proved wrong...
    Very wise, I suggest. The new ground textures for TRS19 are way diifferent than before and were included in the TrainzDev version some time ago. That version was also made available to a wider community. Probably to get some exposure to route builders (my guess). N3V have also put a lot of effort into dev support for this thru Paul Olsen. Much is this is visible to all.

The Physical Based Rendering (PBR) change is massive for any context creator, including route builders. New routes featuring PBR assets are going to be slow coming.

It's a pity I didn't know about the Rocky Mountaineer bit as I rode that train from Vancouver to Banff about 3 weeks ago. I couldn't get too many photos of the train itself but could have taken heaps of the interior. The part of the route I saw is mind bending.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pcas1986 View Post
    Very wise, I suggest. The new ground textures for TRS19 are way diifferent than before and were included in the TrainzDev version some time ago.
    I'm hoping that the old ground textures can be replaced with the 'Turf' textures with bulk replace

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher824 View Post
    I'm hoping that the old ground textures can be replaced with the 'Turf' textures with bulk replace
    No, they wont. The new TurfFX is applied using the terrain tools.
    cheers
    Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    No, they wont. The new TurfFX is applied using the terrain tools.
    cheers
    Graeme
    So there is new Tab called Terrain? Currently ground textures are applied with the Paint Tab. You wouldn't want to share a screen shot for us not in the testing group?

Terrain tab = Topology tab (no name change).

We're currently working on some additional bulk update tools that may make it into the release (or possible make it in as temporary tools until the UI is updated to make them more user-friendly).
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Terrain tab = Topology tab (no name change).

We're currently working on some additional bulk update tools that may make it into the release (or possible make it in as temporary tools until the UI is updated to make them more user-friendly).
    Thanks for the clarification. That sounds promising, hope the tools make it in, Thank you.

I must admit, as an aficionado of scenic routes the new terrain/texturing techniques sound very powerful.

And (tongue in cheek) must be scope for a spin off product with all that good looking grass - N3V Golf And Course Designer!
    Digging away in TRS2019...

Blog Entries

I think that someone has already made a start on that possibility. There are (or were) golf course scenery assets available on the DLS.
    A member of the "Party Machine". Now if only I could remember where they are holding the party!

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I must admit, as an aficionado of scenic routes the new terrain/texturing techniques sound very powerful.

And (tongue in cheek) must be scope for a spin off product with all that good looking grass - N3V Golf And Course Designer!
    I am wondering what the hit will be to the gpu ? my current 80 mile route I'm building in Tane is incredibly veg heavy and unless it could be easily changed over I'd never even try to update it to 2019, i think a lot more people would feel the same. If the routes are very limited , the appeal factor to make people change over will be too.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Probably not as much of a hit as you might think, the grass is generated by TurfFX which is an Nvidia plugin, and think of all the overheads saved by not having grass splines, some of which are real frame rate hitters, all over the place!
    Malc

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    As posted in the other thread:

Who knows where people get this information from - certainly not the people who know exactly what is going to be included (which is definitely more than a Canadian route pack). And as we've said many times before, freeware via the Trainz Download Station is one of the key strengths of Trainz, so that isn't changing either. Payware is part of our business model, and that is here to stay as well, but we're conscious of making things as affordable as possible, while also recognizing that the product is not mass market (therefore, simple economics dictates that prices are necessarily higher than they would be if the market were bigger).
    ----------Like button activated-----------
    The North Devon Line - Many a Happy Memory..........

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Probably not as much of a hit as you might think, the grass is generated by TurfFX which is an Nvidia plugin, and think of all the overheads saved by not having grass splines, some of which are real frame rate hitters, all over the place!
    This was my observation with my small test route, but when we finally have a real version to test where we can bring in all existing content it will be worth testing. The real world can be a lot different than a test environment as we know.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TS12 Build: 61388
    T:ANE Build: 90955