The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Modding Austin's SD40-2 into a whole bunch of other units which more or less share a similar frame and carbody. Here are the latest renders of one of those projects:

brufjOV.png

UNwJggi.png

:wave: Evening there Southern1581,

Came by and see your busy creating something special!

Hope all is well, thought I'd give shot out...........

Modding Austin's SD40-2 into a whole bunch of other units which more or less share a similar frame and carbody. Here are the latest renders of one of those projects:

brufjOV.png

UNwJggi.png

I can't tell what the first one is based off of, but the second one with the bell over the cab windows kinda reminds of a Canadian SD40-2, specifically a BC Rail SD40-2.

Nice, Austin.
I've not seen anyone give the correct guess for the 4-6-2 underbody. The first guess was close; the rest have been further away.

I'll throw in my guess too. Southern Ps-4 "Crescent Limited" Alco 4-6-2, CNR 5288, or an Erie USRA heavy pacific. Its not likely to be 425, as that one has a Delta trailing truck instead of the one in his rendition.

Future Freeware Release-Generic 4-4-0 Pack. Based on an DT&I design. Locomotive will be unlettered for reskinning, but will be offered in multiple "modernized" variations. Including: steel cab, electric light, footboard pilot, alternate domes and two tender designs.
MBw3DmT.jpg

Last edited:
Back