The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

render.png

Render.png

Decapod mesh is complete (made a few edits after these were taken), currently mapping it and getting it ready for substance painter.
unknown.png

unknown.png

Took em down cause after I had started modeling the L&N 2-8-0 and seeing how much more detailed it was, I wasnt happy with the previous models so those are eventually going to be freeware, whenever I can get around to it.

Nice looking decapod, what is the prototype?

Thanks, prototype from what I remember is a Baldwin Light Decapod, specifically Strasburg 90. If you remember the garbage 2-10-0 that was released by stras90 on the website that we took down. This is a pretty much a complete rebuild of that model to actually be good and worth something.

Last edited:
Thanks, prototype from what I remember is a Baldwin Light Decapod, specifically Strasburg 90. If you remember the garbage 2-10-0 that was released by stras90 on the website that we took down. This is a pretty much a complete rebuild of that model to actually be good and worth something.

I thought it looked familiar thanks

That makes sense. Will it include toggle-able meshes/different variants like the 2-10-2 and 2-8-0?

That makes sense. Will it include toggle-able meshes/different variants like the 2-10-2 and 2-8-0?

Currently not sure what I can really make thats able to be toggled for the engine, it will have animations for cabs windows and the like. Similar to the L&N 2-8-0.

What about any the 19th Century era locomotives you guys have been working on, such as your 4-4-0 Americans, the Sierra Railway No. 3, ect.? It's been quite a while since we've seen any progress on them. Are you still working on them? And if so, what other locomotives from that era do you think you plan on doing in future?

What about any the 19th Century era locomotives you guys have been working on, such as your 4-4-0 Americans, the Sierra Railway No. 3, ect.? It's been quite a while since we've seen any progress on them. Are you still working on them? And if so, what other locomotives from that era do you think you plan on doing in future?

So the 19th Century content is on hold since that the creator of those is in college, so no ETA on that. Sierra 3, I am sorta intentionally putting off because its a locomotive I really dont care about but I hate my old model of it. Its also not a time period I prefer, I am in tune with the 40s.

Currently working on the valve gear animation then afterwards are the animations for the meshes on the cab followed by scripting then the tenders. The pistons here appear white because they will be shiny in game.

unknown.png

Back