The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

TJDDAMv.png

great looking town center.

Some new projects in the works. Generic 1890's 2-8-0, and a "Light" and "Heavy" Baldwin design Industrial 0-6-0's.

-Engineer5475
xiswOVC.jpg

XNkfW4w.jpg

Htk19k3.jpg

I forget who posted this, but someone was working on some modern 4-4-0s. Any news on those? The railroad I'm modeling could use some light passenger power, and I think these would perfectly fit the bill.
Thanks a lot,

"Some new projects in the works. Generic 1890's 2-8-0" Oh! Yes please! It would be nice if it had both link n' pin and knuckle coupler versions like your St. Clair locomotive please.

I forget who posted this, but someone was working on some modern 4-4-0s. Any news on those? The railroad I'm modeling could use some light passenger power, and I think these would perfectly fit the bill.
Thanks a lot,

Yes, I am the one working on the 1890's 4-4-0's. They took a back seat but they are coming along nicely.
BdKIDCF.jpg

I would defiantly like to see some more 4-4-0's from the 1890's along with the 1890's 2-8-0's which remind me of the Northern Pacific F1 class,such as no.485,which bdaneal made. I could also defiantly use more 0-6-0 tender locomotives,but take the time needed for all of them. Keep up the good work there.

Pretty interesting locomotives, guys. Looking forward to running these, especially those switchers. They'd be right at home on the Dayton And Troy...

For some of us(including myself, to all extents) that don't know what goes into making one of these beauties, can you make a thread or video showing how much work these things take? Some people can't deal with the classic "I don't know" release date, and the rest of us are curious, I think.
Keep up the great work,

This is a thread showing what goes into making the models. A video would be way to long as engines can take weeks to months to make

Last edited:
In all fairness, most content creators can't do much more than an "I don't know" release date, whether it's because of unforeseen problems when making the model, lack of info, real life, or a whole host of other things. If some people can't deal with that, I'd say that's tough for them since it's infinitely more of a hassle to have to set a release date and then likely change it a bunch of times down the road when those aforementioned factors come up (which then invariably comes with a bunch of nagging because the original timeline wasn't kept).

Agreed.

Also most content these days ends up being vaporwav-I mean uh, vaporwear, and so most of the renders you will see will see will never be downloadable for you or me.

Hi, Don49plm here.

Some of you might remember me talking about one of my roundhouse's on my Carelton Rapids and Pottash thread. The roundhouse is centered on
my 130' turntable with 7 1/2 degrees between the stalls. That makes 48 stalls with a roundhouse diameter of 575 feet (175.3 m).
Well... My friend Chance has asked me to dig this project up and finish it and I have agreed to finish and share it with you on
The Backshop web sit. So.. Here are some WIP pics to look at.

2019-01-19-170418.jpg

2019-01-19-190722.jpg

Last edited:
Don that roundhouse looks ace, absolutely love your stuff! Yet another useful building that we'll be able to use.

Keep it up dude, great job!

In your first set of pictures, what was that small gang car thing off to one side? Is it public?
Thanks,

Back