The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

My interest for the game kinda died after the announcement/release of the garbage cash grab that is TRS2022.
Thank you for saying this. This is exactly how I feel about TRS22, and I'm not intending on buying it either. I'm spending most of my time creating content, rather then actually playing the game.

Last edited:
So, it's been a while since I've returned to this thread, any news on the old content (Specifically the FEF-3) getting hosted on trainz forge? I previously (a while ago) heard something about Daylightrain making an agreement with USSC and Trainman to host the backshops' saved content onto trainz forge, is this going to happen? If not then okay, but if you have some of the old files, maybe consider it.

2 months later.......

Been 2 months because i haven't looked at the forums in 3 months........

And a big reason for that is because I don't really care about trainz anymore.

As for the content from your last question, i don't know whats happening with the FEF's, as for the other stuff, its being hosted via Approach Mediums site.

Last edited:
So, it's been a while since I've returned to this thread, any news on the old content (Specifically the FEF-3) getting hosted on trainz forge? I previously (a while ago) heard something about Daylightrain making an agreement with USSC and Trainman to host the backshops' saved content onto trainz forge, is this going to happen? If not then okay, but if you have some of the old files, maybe consider it.

USSc1798 has temporarily left the community, before he left he gave us access to the a number of his projects and source files, namely stuff like the Big Boy, FEF, 9000s, U30s, etc. At some point I plan on PBR-ing the FEFs and doing a few mesh fixes before they are rereleased, however I haven't had time to start work on it.

Would definitely love to see a new 9000 series locomotives. I've heard you can't get the ones TheCowboy made anymore.

Of course, as the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day".

I mean I have the 9000s by The CowBoy, and they work fine on TRS19, but DANG I WANNA SEE THE ONES YOU GUYS MADE, I MEAN THAT MUST LOOK AWESOME, and also you kinda still can, if you go on the forum where they talked about it, theres actually a few download links, the only problem is, when using them, they automatically derail because they have a newly installed boiler explosion script, but you can just let it derail, then you rerail it in surveyor, and then it doesnt happen again, and if you just dont want it to happen, then you can just delete the boiler explosion script out of the config file's text. This only works for 9000 and 9021, but when you do it to 9014, it makes it faulty.

I think the boiler explosion script was there since it was first released. I never really fully understood the concept behind that script, though simulating an exploding boiler seemed like a marvel ahead of its time.

yeah I can see that, but while being pretty ahead of its time, it was also kind of annoying considering that the script is still active even in DCC mode.

edit: this was a reply to cobra, just to clarify :)

Last edited:
What about some of the other assets that were already released on the website, like some of the freeware assets like the C&O Pack and 2-8-2 Mikados? Plus the payware 4-6-2 Pacifics?

Last edited:
Any way, shouldve posted here when I posted in 3D renders. Seeing as I don't really come on here anymore, have this. Probably the last engine I make for trainz.
unknown.png

Last edited:
Back