Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trainman7616 View Post
    great looking town center.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Corner of "No" & "Where" between the streets of "some" & "where"

Some new projects in the works. Generic 1890's 2-8-0, and a "Light" and "Heavy" Baldwin design Industrial 0-6-0's.

-Engineer5475

I forget who posted this, but someone was working on some modern 4-4-0s. Any news on those? The railroad I'm modeling could use some light passenger power, and I think these would perfectly fit the bill.
    Thanks a lot,
    Trainman05/MatthewB

Anyone Else Nostalgic for things they were born 80 years late for?

"Some new projects in the works. Generic 1890's 2-8-0" Oh! Yes please! It would be nice if it had both link n' pin and knuckle coupler versions like your St. Clair locomotive please.
    California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

Corner of "No" & "Where" between the streets of "some" & "where"

Quote Originally Posted by tm05 View Post
    I forget who posted this, but someone was working on some modern 4-4-0s. Any news on those? The railroad I'm modeling could use some light passenger power, and I think these would perfectly fit the bill.
    Thanks a lot,
    Yes, I am the one working on the 1890's 4-4-0's. They took a back seat but they are coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by engineer5475 View Post
    Yes, I am the one working on the 1890's 4-4-0's. They took a back seat but they are coming along nicely.
    Nice! I look forward to this one...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

Quote Originally Posted by engineer5475 View Post
    Superb ! Just love this era of US locos .......
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

I would defiantly like to see some more 4-4-0's from the 1890's along with the 1890's 2-8-0's which remind me of the Northern Pacific F1 class,such as no.485,which bdaneal made. I could also defiantly use more 0-6-0 tender locomotives,but take the time needed for all of them. Keep up the good work there.
    Trial and error. That is the best way to learn for the most part.

Blog Entries

Pretty interesting locomotives, guys. Looking forward to running these, especially those switchers. They'd be right at home on the Dayton And Troy...
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

For some of us(including myself, to all extents) that don't know what goes into making one of these beauties, can you make a thread or video showing how much work these things take? Some people can't deal with the classic "I don't know" release date, and the rest of us are curious, I think.
    Keep up the great work,
    Trainman05/MatthewB

This is a thread showing what goes into making the models. A video would be way to long as engines can take weeks to months to make
    Last edited by trainman7616; January 11th, 2019 at 04:49 PM.

Steam is King.

Yeah, ok. So long as the great content out of you guys keeps up, I will be happy.
    Thanks,
    Trainman05/MatthewB

In all fairness, most content creators can't do much more than an "I don't know" release date, whether it's because of unforeseen problems when making the model, lack of info, real life, or a whole host of other things. If some people can't deal with that, I'd say that's tough for them since it's infinitely more of a hassle to have to set a release date and then likely change it a bunch of times down the road when those aforementioned factors come up (which then invariably comes with a bunch of nagging because the original timeline wasn't kept).

Blog Entries

Agreed.

Also most content these days ends up being vaporwav-I mean uh, vaporwear, and so most of the renders you will see will see will never be downloadable for you or me.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

United States of America, Washington State, Tacoma Area

Hi, Don49plm here.

Some of you might remember me talking about one of my roundhouse's on my Carelton Rapids and Pottash thread. The roundhouse is centered on
    my 115' turntable with 7 1/2 degrees between the stalls. That makes 48 stalls with a roundhouse diameter of 575 feet (175.3 m).
    Well... My friend Chance has asked me to dig this project up and finish it and I have agreed to finish and share it with you on
    The Backshop web sit. So.. Here are some WIP pics to look at.

Don49plm