The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Edit: Fuel and water consumption is an whole nother can of worms. I'm not touching that. :hehe:

Naw it's not really that hard to set up, I have a scrip for fuel use just look at how my locomotives are set up they use fuel consumption.

Seems that this thread has been quite for a while

Hello all. Really nice stuff Ussc1798 and trainman7616. Any updates or planned releases?

Most of TBS has returned to college to finish it up. But I have been working on the caboose thats going with the L&N 2-8-0.
unknown.png

unknown.png

USSC recently had a pc issue but he is working on the Bigboy, the FEF 1 and the UP 9000s.

Southern1581 has been making plenty of new horns
Jclass has been making some pretty nice model railroads
Pennsyfan has been working on Maine 2ft content.

where can I see these (new ones) I know that Ussc Had some fef-1 done in narm days but I haven't seen anything new

unknown.png

unknown.png

This image is just showing the animated meshes on the engine. Engine still needs pbr and script finished + arn.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Am having LoD issues but slowly getting those worked out.

Last edited:
Been awhile. Still have alot to do on both the engine and tender. But the pbr engine is in game. Please Note: This is the weathered/rusty-ish version.
unknown.png

Fantastic. The dirt-grime is really detailed and the engine is perfectly weathered. Do you have future plans to re-texture all your locomotives?

I may redo the Big Apple. But dont really know at this point. But any future content from me will probably be TRS19 and above.

Man, that locomotive looks great, I'm looking forward to seeing the weathered variant, nice work!

Trainman7617,
The engine looks really sharp! I'll be looking forward to seeing it come out. That's a really fine job!

Heinrich505

I'm looking forward to this, nice work, next to the Pacific and Mikado, Ten wheelers, I still have a soft spot for the 2-8-0 Consolidation especially this one.

Last edited:
Someone here knows I love Loco's with an elegant Caboose to follow..........

Miss Cabooses on today's trains, it is as you all know, rare to see these Fellas indeed.....I will always miss them on our Trains....:'(

But my Layouts will have them pretty much...Except for maybe Inter-modal and Auto Racks.......I grew up seeing lots of interesting Cabooses in the 1950's on up till they discontinued most of them in lieu of FRED units.....:(

Yours looks so realistic..........:p

Thank you for the tireless work ethic..........Have a great Holiday and New Year too.......:wave:

Back