The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

There is also T&P 610, while 638 did survive for a little while, it ended up in the same fate for the same reason as C&O 2701

Future Freeware Release-Industrial 0-4-0T Pack. Pack will include an early 1900's-ish 0-4-0T as well as a "modernized" 1920's/30's variant. NOTE: Engines are still very much "in progress" and may look very different upon release.
tU9Z1Iw.jpg

QunR17G.jpg

Question about the St. Claire Tunnel Project locomotive. Is it based off a real locomotive? And is it a camel back?

The St. Clair Tunnel Co. 0-10-0T is indeed a camelback, and it was very much a real locomotive. The four of them were built to serve the original 1891 Port Huron, MI to Sarnia, ON rail tunnel that ran underneath the St. Clair river. The first railroad tunnel in the world to travel under a body of water. Because the grade of the tunnel was 2 percent in both directions, they needed big beefy locos to haul trains through the tunnel. Baldwin's answer was four 0-10-0T's which were possibly the heaviest loco's in the world at the time. They were camelbacks which eliminated the need to turn them around, all were given tenders later on, but two were later modified to have the cabs in the rear. They worked the tunnel for about 10-15 years before they were replaced when the tunnel was electrified. (One of the first sections of RR in the world to go electric). After that, they were shuffled around the Canadian National/Grand Trunk system as switchers. All were scrapped by 1920.
XfpYmh3.jpg

KpZaKXx.jpg

mP4OWDU.jpg

so far material has been scarce, at least in my searches thus far. At the moment, I've only found a single place which lists what a consist would look like for the crescent, but it's a single consist and doesn't give me much of a picture.
I'm assuming the one consist you have is listed on TrainWeb, so I won't link that one. I did manage to find a site listing a consist from 1925 (and an identical one from 1929, with car names), calling for:
-RPO
-"1-Club" which I believe to be a Pullman Plan 3951 Baggage-Dorm-Club
-Pullman Plan 3979 8-1-2 sleeper
-Pullman Plan 3958 14-Section sleeper
-Diner
-Pullman Plan 3584 10-2 sleeper (four of)
-Pullman Plan 3959 3-2-Lounge Observation
I made my 8-1-2 and 14-section models using data from William L. Glick's Passenger Cars of the Burlington and would be willing to forward those pages to you if need be. Once two of these cars are built, the others should be relatively easy as (with the probable exception of the RPO) all of them will be standard Pullman-built cars, so all you should really need are indicators for where to put windows and interior elements.
If you want to be perfectly accurate, I can also scan and send the car-side profile published for the steel 12-1 Carnegie which is contained in The American Railroad Passenger Car, Volume 1 by John White, Jr. It lists all the relevant measurements required to profile the cars accurately. NERS completes the data needed, noting that Pullman's standard windows were 28.5" wide, with narrower windows being 24" wide. (The window heights are measured on the car profile for the Carnegie​).
Once the 8-1-2 and 14-section are complete, you could use something like this for the obs:
Sou32obs.gif

And for the baggage-club:
SOUclub.gif

And you may be able to adapt this floorplan, for which I am building the original car, to build a reasonably accurate 10-2:
b3799bbf09dd51fc1522a3ebdd5e0e9e

(yes, this is a wood car and therefore not plan 3584, and it also dates from 1894. However, the interior elements are identical, so thanks to standardized window patterns, it is enough to build heavyweight 10-2s as well).

Uh no it isn't. They clearly aren't the same. The 2-8-0s where completed back when Trainman7616 was part of the erecting hall. The ICRR 2-8-0 was slated for payware and was removed because of some technical difficulties encountered when exporting it to the game, from what I recall. Chance can weigh in on this more but we'd appreciate it if you let us respond to comments directed towards the developers ourselves.

The Medium 2-8-0 on the small steam pageis the heavy ICRR 2-8-0 that was on the WIP page.
Shut it. Let us respond to messages. The medium 2-8-0s are modifications of the ICRR 2-8-0. I told you before dont say anything you know nothing about.

Uh no it isn't. They clearly aren't the same. The 2-8-0s where completed back when Trainman7616 was part of the erecting hall. The ICRR 2-8-0 was slated for payware and was removed because of some technical difficulties encountered when exporting it to the game, from what I recall. Chance can weigh in on this more but we'd appreciate it if you let us respond to comments directed towards the developers ourselves.

Correct. There are some mesh issues when exporting so it has been taken down until its resolved.

Shut it. Let us respond to messages. The medium 2-8-0s are modifications of the ICRR 2-8-0. I told you before dont say anything you know nothing about.

Correct. There are some mesh issues when exporting so it has been taken down until its resolved.

:eek: Woah, I didn't notice that I made a mistake. Thanks for clarifying.

Regarding the Ps-4, did you know that there was once a payware Ps-4 for the game that had modern features; scripted animated bell, custom cab, and blueprint design? The number was 1401, but 1401 never had Crescent Limited lettering, only Southern lettering.

Thanks, hope the issues get solved!

Back