The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Haha are you referring to my GS engines? Those models are nearly two years old now, I barely knew how to animate at the time :hehe:

Oh, well the last anouncements that showed the finished products was this year, I thought. My mistake, didn't realize those were two years old, forgive me. I'll delete them.

This year was when I finished them however they had been in development now for almost 2 years.
Any plan to really finish them with trucks that roll, other than the drivers? If not, no big deal. They may work as static display items for other folks.

I mean probably not because I made it in a program I don’t use anymore, and I’d rather rebuild it than fix the issues with the current model. They are freeware, so it’s not really a big deal if there are minor issues with them, I’m not charging anyone to download and use them. It’s on their own free will.

You seem to forget that until like, TRS2004, nothing had animated wheels. With perfectly round wheels with perfectly symmetrical textures like Evan's do, you can sort of get away without animation. Obviously if you look closely you can still see they're sliding, but when you're driving along you normally wouldn't notice.

-Ben

You seem to forget that until like, TRS2004, nothing had animated wheels. With perfectly round wheels with perfectly symmetrical textures like Evan's do, you can sort of get away without animation. Obviously if you look closely you can still see they're sliding, but when you're driving along you normally wouldn't notice.

-Ben

I think I definitely agree with you on rolling stock with non-animated wheels. I do incorporate some low-poly and older content into my personal sessions on any route since I just want the game to play a bit faster while detailing sidings, spurs, and even some engine facilities. I even do this on some routes that have multiple or separate lines going in different directions than the route my player consist travels on. I actually got this idea from Flight Simulator X and that game's community producing low-poly aircraft models for use in AI traffic, but learned to push the less detailed trains away from the player consist.

I am just not ready to let those ancient Auran SD40 models go yet. :hehe:

Guys. Daylight hasnt been in TBS for over a year. Please dont use the thread for general discussion topics not relating to TBS. Thank you.

Good as far as i know lol

unknown.png

im not real sure how that comment should be taken, might wanna rephrase that so you dont get reamed...

Back