The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

For those who are curious about my other projects, I have some good and bad news in that department.
- Starting with the bad news; I have lost many of my old source files as a result of not only a hard-drive failure, but when attempting to retrieve backed up files from my external HDD, I learned that it too had failed. Fortunately some projects (IE, the 9000s, the NARM FEFs and Challengers, the latest FEF-1, and an old version of the Bigboys) were saved to my google drive. Meanwhile the Heritage fleet, TBS FEFs, U30bs, GP and SD units, QJ, UP 0-6-0, Feather River Canyon, Alpha test Bigboys, and several other unmentioned projects have been lost forever. As such, most of those projects will never happen.

Cheers,
Austin

Including those generic locomotives? Was looking forward to the 4-4-0's:( Ah well, we can't always expect to get everything! Thank you for all the models that you guys have been able to get done, you all have made Trainz all the better with 'em!

The big boy looks great. Sorry to hear about the problems. A suggestion. On the bad drives and lost files, have you looked at a data recovery service? Since you have two disk that went bad, what is not recoverable on one may be recoverable on the other. Would TrainzForge (or some crowd fund site) be willing to set up a page for you were some us of can donate to help in the cost (because I know that data recovery service is not free)?

By the way, what CAD are you using anyway?

Phil

I would try the backup disk first. They may get everything he need off of that. Now that I think about it depends on how it was backed up. If by some software it maybe the backup file cannot be recovered fully and it then cannot be restored. So it may be better to go with the disk that had the files.

Regardless how it is done, I would be willing to chip in to help.

Phil

Last edited:
Oh I really wish could access some of the new content, if ONLY I could access the website page from this IP.
ok screw what I said earlier, I hadn't read USSc1798's post on them moving their content to Trainz Forge and when I saw the good news on the NARM FEF'S and Challengers, I nearly fainted with excitement.

ok screw what I said earlier, I hadn't read USSc1798's post on them moving their content to Trainz Forge and when I saw the good news on the NARM FEF'S and Challengers, I nearly fainted with excitement.
And I would also be willing to help restore all of the lost content, I am terribly sorry about the website shutting down, and i would to anything to help get all of the stuff back.

I do have to ask, as it seems I forgot to buy it: was the light pacific pack also lost?

EDIT: Well, turns out I did buy it, but all the same, for those who didn't buy it, I still want to know

And just to be clear I am not trying to gimme pig you into giving me stuff, I just want to help. Backshops made some of my favorite addons for Trainz and I just want to get it back up

-Now, it is well known that the Backshops website is down. After several discussions with Daylightrain, we have agreed that these will most likely end up on TrainzForge.

So whenever they get released, will they be freeware or payware? And best wishes on your move to Brazil!

TheTrainMan2337

and also, yeah, I was wondering the same thing, and I also have always wanted to have the FREAKING NARM FEFS and Challengers, the FEFs have so many different well made variations as well. One of the settings comes with a small set of skyline casing which I really like.

Because of this have my fingers crossed that those FEFs and challengers may end up on Trainz Forge as well as the Backshop's big boys, but we'll just have to wait and see!

Ok, now im getting distracted, I need to contain my inner gimme pig, even though its unlikely that my gimme pig ever springs into action, still must contain, must, freaking, contain,

But the reason im hoping they will end up there is because the news regarding the backshops content being moved said something about the NARM FEFs and Challengers.

Firstly, please dont spam the thread. Secondly the NARM FEFs and Challengers are old and its to ussc if he wants to rebuild them. Granted the FEFs for TBS are new.

Back