The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

C&O 10-1-2 sleeping car skins have been completed. They bear the following names: Camp McCoy, David Massom, Fort Stevens, Governor Nelson, Simon Kenton, and Windom. 6 sleepers down, some 35 odd more of various configurations to go.

kBW3Vc7.png

Great cars that will fill real need there is so little of passenger stock out there for transition period and the heyday of passenge r trains.

Did someone order a ridiculously excessive amount of sleeping cars? Because hoh boy did I make a ridiculously excessive amount of sleeping cars...

First up, I have done all 20 of the 12-1 sleepers that are listed on the roster I'm working from...I got bored and accidentally did them all in a day.
nVqQoeC.png

Then we have the 2 Pullman 14 section sleepers:
Ig1WI2i.png

And finally, an updated look at how the consist is shaping up so far:
osi5Kyy.png

Enjoy!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

"Does he have enough sleeping cars now?" they ask. The fools...they have not yet realized this is only the beginning.

The C&O 10-1-1 and 8-3-1 configuration sleepers have been completed, bringing the sleeping car total to 36 cars. All that remains to be skinned now sleeping car wise are the 6 C&O 8-1-2 sleepers, after which I will have to figure out what is wrong with my blender install so I can do the 8 Sec/Lounge observation cars and the 8 Sec/1 DR/Solarium Lounge cars and add them to the list. Including the cars among the two lounge variety sleepers, the sleeper total should come out to about 49 sleepers.

10-1-1 Group Render:
3iDAulW.png

8-3-1 Group Render:
6quSpe6.png

Enjoy!

Finished up the skinning side of the C&O sleeper collection today, got the 6 C&O 8-1-2 sleepers made, and also added a forgotten 12-1 sleeper "Bellevue" to the collection, bringing the final total to 43. There will be 7 more coming to make the final tally 50 sleeping cars, but those are currently being modified from other meshes to be made into the correct configurations. The first of the 2 mesh mods is already progressing very nicely, hopefully I'll have something to show of it soon.

This page here has the full list of sleeping cars that I'm working from: https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,1200689

The configurations I've done are as follows: 8-1-2, 8-3-1, 10-1-1, 10-1-2 (specifically 10-1-2 compt, there are many listed there which are 10-1-2 DBR which are not in this pack, save 1 which I skinned by accident before I realized the difference), 12-1, and 14 section if you would like to see the full list of names I've done already. There will be 8 sec/lounge and 8 sec/1 dr/lounge cars as well, so you can see the names for those ahead of time as well.

Here is the final set of renders:

C&O 8-1-2 set:
l5S8G9N.png

The forgotten 12-1 "Bellevue":
rtEPpOo.png

And finally, just for a sense of scale, the full collection of 43 sleeping car skins all together:
pFpcWrV.png

Enjoy!

These are outstanding, Southern1581, but when you say "enjoy" do you mean they are available yet? I looked all over backshops, but have not found them under payware or freeware.....

Enjoy generally means I hope you enjoy the shots of my progress. These will be released, I am currently working on putting together an absolutely ridiculously huge pack of C&O content to go along with the C&O model rr route that I'm working on. Assuming there are no mishaps along the way and no issues arise with permissions, the content pack in its entirety (which already totals over 60 pieces of content, admittedly mostly sleepers atm, but will include much much more) along with the route will be released sometime around Christmas.

One final progress shot before I go to bed tonight, I've been working feverishly on getting my mods done to make an 8 sec/lounge observation car all tidied up, which I was able to pull off today in completing the interior detail for the lounge area and women's restroom "smoking area" I believe it's called. Most of my work went into the interior, and currently it has just about everything short of the toilets, and Chessie the cat curled up in a section bed. Now it's down to fixing the mapping issues that all the modding caused so I can get a proper new bake and work on getting it into tri-color with the rest of its brothers and sisters.

Here's a render of my progress on the car so far:
7K85GlM.png

Enjoy!

Enjoy generally means I hope you enjoy the shots of my progress. Enjoy!

:wave: Evening Southern1581.....

:udrool: Been admiring your pictures and progress.......Thank for the hard work and attention to detail, The sign of a true Artist........:mop::mop::mop:

Little River 110 coming along slowly

Looking forward to 110. I just wish she was back in Tennessee instead of Michigan. I've stayed several times at a campground in Townsend that the Little River passes behind. It was, and will always be, my favorite campground for many reasons, one of which was that you could get handmade ice cream at the campground office. One of the things my family would do when we went to that campground was that we'd go to nearby Cades Cove Historic Place, Cades Cove for short, which is part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There we'd ride in the back of our Ford F150 XLT Lariat with the tailgate down and our feet hanging off the tailgate (with my dad driving), as we drove around the gravel road that looped around Cades Cove, passing several old, preserved buildings from when people lived there and seeing the occasional wildlife, particularly deer. Unfortunately, you can no longer ride in a truck bed or anything like that; you now have to ride inside a car with the doors closed. Anyway, on our way from the campground to Cades Cove we'd stop off at this little restaurant that sold broasted chicken, and once we got to the halfway point on the gravel road, we'd pull off into the gravel parking lot there and have a meal of broasted chicken. Unfortunately that restaurant has since gone out of business. So many great memories, I just wish I could do that again.

Back