The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Ya, it might be be back in the future. Currently unsure as most of the group doesnt do much with trainz anymore which is understandable. Gonna look into a more user friendly website designer as the current one was all hand coded so I myself was unable to upload and had to reach out to ltg to do it.

Ya, it might be be back in the future. Currently unsure as most of the group doesnt do much with trainz anymore which is understandable. Gonna look into a more user friendly website designer as the current one was all hand coded so I myself was unable to upload and had to reach out to ltg to do it.
Real shame it had to be shut down. There were some good locomotives on there.

Which brings up a question. As far as your content goes, Are those that already have your models, like the 2-8-0's, light 2-8-2's, heavy 2-10-2's and the ATSF northern allowed to share them with others so long as we do not claim ownership of the models or post them elsewhere?

Trainman, can you clear out your inbox? I'm trying to send you a PM asking to send me TBS Rails n' Trails Asset Pack and TBS Regulatory Signs Pack 1 as they are dependencies for a route I downloaded. I successfully downloaded both the TBS Rails n' Trails Asset Pack and TBS Regulatory Signs Pack 1 via the Wayback Machine, but Trainz failed to load both and both file sizes were only 10KB, which was odd.

Last edited:
Hey Trainman7616, do you have any plans to ever build an L&N M-1 {Big Emma} in the future?
I believe GreenCoastStudios is in production on one, I'm not a huge fan of the Big Emma's.

Trainman, can you clear out your inbox? I'm trying to send you a PM asking to send me TBS Rails n' Trails Asset Pack and TBS Regulatory Signs Pack 1 as they are dependencies for a route I downloaded. I successfully downloaded both the TBS Rails n' Trails Asset Pack and TBS Regulatory Signs Pack 1 via the Wayback Machine, but Trainz failed to load both and both file sizes were only 10KB, which was odd.

Sure thing bud, send it on thru.

This is the second type of tender to be paired with the light decapod as well as 2-8-0s, 2-8-2s, 4-8-0s, and other power at a later date. Still needs animations, lod, before going ingame. Once the C&SW versions are done, I will put the tenders back into the configuration for a WM H9/H9a.

render.png

render2.png

Chance took it down. With all this inactivity from the team, he couldn't justify keeping it open. Right now, he's looking for another place to host the TBS content.

Sorry for bumping an inactive thread.
I know TBS is inactive, but whatever happened to the SD49 concept teased by Southern1581 back in 2018? It looked really neat and I wondered what happened to it. The concept (renders?) are on page 13 if anyone wants to see it.
Thanks!

Sorry for bumping an inactive thread.
I know TBS is inactive, but whatever happened to the SD49 concept teased by Southern1581 back in 2018? It looked really neat and I wondered what happened to it. The concept (renders?) are on page 13 if anyone wants to see it.
Thanks!

I can't say for sure whether or not Southern1581 has decided to scrap most of his projects, but I do know he is currently inactive. In fact, most of us are, with several former members leaving content creation and Trainz altogether. In fact, I will be leaving soon myself. But before doing so, I will attempt to complete as many projects as possible.

What I can say for sure concerns my own projects.

Since the last time I posted, I have reworked most of the mesh for the Bigboys. The model is not only more accurate, but more detailed. In fact, this may very well be my magnum opus when completed. Feel free to compare with previous images and renders for changes.

-The engine is fully UV mapped, animated, and baked.
-For textures, Daylightrain has graciously offered to create PBR textures for these behemoths. (These will be for TRS19 and above only.) He has also provided a horn sound.
-Yes, as always these will include numerous scripted features.
-The tender is still in the process of being updated.
-Yes, a modern variant of 4014 will be included.
-Aside from the hornsound, these locomotives will have many of the same sounds as the FEFs.
Render-Final-A.png

Render-Final-B.png

-Now, it is well known that the Backshops website is down. After several discussions with Daylightrain, we have agreed that these will most likely end up on TrainzForge.

For those who are curious about my other projects, I have some good and bad news in that department.
- Starting with the bad news; I have lost many of my old source files as a result of not only a hard-drive failure, but when attempting to retrieve backed up files from my external HDD, I learned that it too had failed. Fortunately some projects (IE, the 9000s, the NARM FEFs and Challengers, the latest FEF-1, and an old version of the Bigboys) were saved to my google drive. Meanwhile the Heritage fleet, TBS FEFs, U30bs, GP and SD units, QJ, UP 0-6-0, Feather River Canyon, Alpha test Bigboys, and several other unmentioned projects have been lost forever. As such, most of those projects will never happen.

-The good news is that I plan to complete/PBR the FEFs and 9000s, including unique versions. (IE, 9014 and skyline cased FEF-1) For these, Daylightrain has once again agreed to assist with the PBR texturing. I sadly don't have much progress to show for these at the present time, but I will certainly post updates as I shift focus over to them.
-If, and this is a big if, I have the time and energy, I may create a PBR 3900 challenger.

Lastly, I should explain what I mean by leaving Trainz and content creation.

I will be leaving this December for Brazil as a result of life obligations. I will be gone for 2 years. While there, I will not be able to work on any of my projects or have any real contact with others on the internet. I do not think I should share any more information than this.

I truly love creating for this sim and have loved doing so ever since I started 3d modeling at just 12 years old. I particularly enjoyed seeing others appreciate and enjoy the content I had created, even if most of it was only in renders. For everyone who has supported myself and my fellow content creators, I thank you. Having a wonderful community who appreciates and enjoys our content is what really keeps us going, at least for me. It does sadden me that life will be taking me in a direction that may never allow me to create again; but I also have anticipation and excitement for whatever happens next.

Cheers,
Austin

Last edited:
Loving the Big Boy models. Thank you for the generous amount of information! Good luck on your move to Brazil!

Last edited:
You will be greatly missed here for your excellent work. Thank you for the information and all you've done.:D

Back