The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Right now, the next locomotive to be released will likely be Trainman's Western Maryland K2. Granted, USSc1798 does have Western Pacific U30b that is closer to completion, but IDK what his plans are.

WARNING! The following image and its contents are very large.
Render.png

Engines about finished. Tenders about finished. Got a coach and caboose yet to go with it.

unknown.png

Last edited:
What happened to the payware crossings on TBS? (the Griswold stop signs, crossing signal pack, S-T-O-P signal pack etc.)

amazing locomotive great job and the first big boy model in the trainz community to have that box on the tender that 4014 now has

How long will it take to finish the UP 4-8-8-4?

Technically speaking, it is now in game, but I cannot say for sure how long it will take. Getting the model in game is just one of several steps leading up to completion. Currently, I am looking into scripting various smoke effects. I.E. the smoke goes black when the firebox lacks a sufficient amount of secondary air/ too much coal or oil. Or, the color and size of the smoke is affected by the season or temperature outside. If its hot in summer, the smoke will be a bit smaller, and a light grey in hue. Winter smoke will be big, puffy and white, with spring and fall landing somewhere in between the two. Then of course, because I am making custom sounds, then having to script those in, in addition to cab windows, cab doors, brakes, Auto Running numers and a light that articulates with the front engine...

Its just safe to say that it will take time. Not to mention, I am not even close to having the materials and textures polished. The current textures are there simply to be functional in TS12 so that I can script and config the loco before I move it over to TRS19.
USSc1798-20200422-0000.jpg

amazing locomotive great job and the first big boy model in the trainz community to have that box on the tender that 4014 now has

I appreciate the compliment! As a side note, the tenders for this locomotive will have a feature where the hose box on the side can be removed, or put back as the user desires.

In addition, I see that you do not have a trainz version registered under your account. If you do have Trainz, I would recommend registering it so that people know that you do not possess a pirated copy of the game.

No problem, at the top of this page, there is a button called "MyTrainz." Click it. You will be directed to the mytrainz portal. Once there there, ensure that you are logged into your Trainz account. (Should be the same as here on the forums) After that, there should be a number of page references on the left of the screen. Select "serial number" this will direct you to your serial number page. Towards the bottom, there should be Trainz: A New Era with its associated serial number. If that is there, send a support ticket through the Trainz Helpdesk.

If it is not there, enter your Trainz version's serial number into the slots provided on the serial number page.

Hope that helps!

Meanwhile...

2020-04-28-133326.jpg

2020-04-28-133834.jpg

Many thanks to Trainboi1 who has been helping me out with the script.

Disclaimer, this model is nowhere near complete. I have made several accuracy errors, which I intend to rectify. Not to mention the materials and textures, which still have a ways to go yet.

That is one hell of Steam Engine your a making, mistakes or not, it is a thing of wonder.........:p

And the seasonal Smoke colors and effects, that is something I had thought about long ago when I joined Trainz, you just reminded me off it, when I read your details in MSG #436, way above my pay grade. :hehe:

Glad someone can figure out this difficult technical challenges.

Thanks for sharing.......:wave:

Back