Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Southern1581 View Post
    Hmm, let's see if we can find this answer by reading back a little shall we?

So no, they are not on the website. Evan hasn't been with us for at least a month now if I recall correctly. He put a release link up for them independently on our discord server. We aren't really apart of the release, and we will not be offering support since they are not a part of our site's content offerings.
    That's why I took down the video, he didn't neccisarily have a problem with me making the video, he just didn't want me posting the link. Short sweet and into the point

Blog Entries

Ah ok. I can whip something up, if you want... my community will be more then thrilled to know these exist. In addition, I've heard some people say that its ok to give out the link for the models, other people say its not ok.... Whats the deal?
    Last edited by ktain.ny; October 5th, 2018 at 06:49 AM.
    Its Ktrain! For gods sakes its Ktrain! Typos are a thing you know!

Wasn't there a 4-4-0 in the works? I'm not talking about NYC #999 or W&W #98, but another, generic 4-4-0... Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...
    0njugh09gy76tr6v65c5cr5dxc68rx7s5x4sop9jbnh89u7gvg 67f

Quote Originally Posted by ktain.ny View Post
    Ah ok. I can whip something up, if you want... my community will be more then thrilled to know these exist. In addition, I've heard some people say that its ok to give out the link for the models, other people say its not ok.... Whats the deal?
    Daylight doesnt want the links published.

Steam is King.

Quote Originally Posted by springtransit View Post
    Wasn't there a 4-4-0 in the works? I'm not talking about NYC #999 or W&W #98, but another, generic 4-4-0... Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else...
    There are multiple 4-4-0s being worked on

Steam is King.

C&O 10-1-2 sleeping car skins have been completed. They bear the following names: Camp McCoy, David Massom, Fort Stevens, Governor Nelson, Simon Kenton, and Windom. 6 sleepers down, some 35 odd more of various configurations to go.

Great cars that will fill real need there is so little of passenger stock out there for transition period and the heyday of passenge r trains.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to when they get released, great work!
    Thanks,
    TGM_2018_III

"There is only one thing worse then a rapist... BOOM... a gimme-pig"

Good thing I save the gs series pack and the fixed daylight cars to an external drive and an online back-up.
    Lead, Follow, Or get the **** out of the way -​Hugh "Polar Bear" Rowland
    My website: https://sites.google.com/site/gwinsplace/

Did someone order a ridiculously excessive amount of sleeping cars? Because hoh boy did I make a ridiculously excessive amount of sleeping cars...

First up, I have done all 20 of the 12-1 sleepers that are listed on the roster I'm working from...I got bored and accidentally did them all in a day.

Then we have the 2 Pullman 14 section sleepers:

And finally, an updated look at how the consist is shaping up so far:

Enjoy!

Blog Entries

Now that's a really great looking passenger line up , well done

Matt

work hard, Play harder

Wow! Outstanding!
    How come every time I see you you're in a bar?

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

"Does he have enough sleeping cars now?" they ask. The fools...they have not yet realized this is only the beginning.

The C&O 10-1-1 and 8-3-1 configuration sleepers have been completed, bringing the sleeping car total to 36 cars. All that remains to be skinned now sleeping car wise are the 6 C&O 8-1-2 sleepers, after which I will have to figure out what is wrong with my blender install so I can do the 8 Sec/Lounge observation cars and the 8 Sec/1 DR/Solarium Lounge cars and add them to the list. Including the cars among the two lounge variety sleepers, the sleeper total should come out to about 49 sleepers.

10-1-1 Group Render:

8-3-1 Group Render:

Enjoy!

Finished up the skinning side of the C&O sleeper collection today, got the 6 C&O 8-1-2 sleepers made, and also added a forgotten 12-1 sleeper "Bellevue" to the collection, bringing the final total to 43. There will be 7 more coming to make the final tally 50 sleeping cars, but those are currently being modified from other meshes to be made into the correct configurations. The first of the 2 mesh mods is already progressing very nicely, hopefully I'll have something to show of it soon.

This page here has the full list of sleeping cars that I'm working from: https://www.trainorders.com/discussi...php?11,1200689

The configurations I've done are as follows: 8-1-2, 8-3-1, 10-1-1, 10-1-2 (specifically 10-1-2 compt, there are many listed there which are 10-1-2 DBR which are not in this pack, save 1 which I skinned by accident before I realized the difference), 12-1, and 14 section if you would like to see the full list of names I've done already. There will be 8 sec/lounge and 8 sec/1 dr/lounge cars as well, so you can see the names for those ahead of time as well.

Here is the final set of renders:

C&O 8-1-2 set:

The forgotten 12-1 "Bellevue":

And finally, just for a sense of scale, the full collection of 43 sleeping car skins all together:

Enjoy!

These are outstanding, Southern1581, but when you say "enjoy" do you mean they are available yet? I looked all over backshops, but have not found them under payware or freeware.....
    How come every time I see you you're in a bar?