The Backshops Work In Progress Thread

I'm really digging all the Backshops content so far and am looking forward to all these locos to start rolling out...especially that PS-4.

qBfy0Dl.jpg

Did you get the idea to do this from Bachmann's On30 model or David111767's narrow gauge Davenport models on the DLS? Though I'm a steam fan, I really liked davesnow's little Plymouth ML-8 diesel, so as long as this is freeware, I'll take it. This'll look right at home in a industrial complex switching cars around in the steam era.

The southern queen of steam is an engine I am really looking forward to, she looks great trainman!

Nice work Chance grabbed sum stuff from your site not long ago mate thanks very much and keep up the great work.
Cheers Mick.:)

I'll tell you what, Trainman, you've come a long way since I first saw your Big One model. :)

The details you've put into the locomotive alone might just be close to (if not on par with) K&L's models.

The C&O project isn't dead yet. Engineering keeps me exceptionally busy, but here recently I've managed to get a little time to work on some skins/kitbashes, and to a lesser extent, the model rr that they will go with as well, though I don't have any progress shots of that to show off just yet.

First, skins wise, I have started work on the C&O sleepers, and had also started work on the C&O dining cars, however, as it turns out the mapping on the car I was going to use does not work with the skins, so I was forced to ditch it, and I will instead be modeling my own.

So, starting with the sleeping cars, first and foremost a huge thanks to Dan for lending me the blanks to his models to help with the skinning process. Thus far, I have completed 2 out of near enough to 20 (depending on how many references I can find for specific letters) cars of various configurations. The first two are 10-1-2's "Camp McCoy" and "Governor Nelson". Renders below:

JlqxQSY.png

8XpMGJM.png

After that, I have some shots I took yesterday of the route while trying out one of my more recent kitbash attempts (admittedly this one could be much much better). A lot has changed between these shots and now, as today I started going through and swapping out a lot of the textures and the track as well, which has helped my struggling laptop a lot performance wise (It's definitely been better to say the least, so I'm trying to help it out a little without sacrificing any detail that I might've achieved). With a little luck I'll be able to get more work in Tuesday. My current plan is to try and get one half of the room finished by the time Thanksgiving break rolls around, that way I can buckle down during that week on reworking a lot of the textures and scenery on the other side of the room, and if time allows, work on the Hinton area itself, which I'm currently the most worried about scenery wise. If I can get that knocked out, then most of what will be left to worry about will be skin work, which I can knock out relatively easily. Assuming all goes well, I *optimistically* might be able to get it all out around Christmas, but we'll have to see just how kind my schedule will be to me.

Anyways, sorry for the read, hope you enjoy the shots!

6WKUFeH.png

pItkhYj.png

r5YPTx9.png

Back