Does physics x simulation effect Trainz Tane

constar261

Having an old gtx 760 4gb sitting around I was wondering what to do with it since I upgraded to a gtx 1080TI 11gb. So I started looking up about using a gpu dedicated to physics x simulation and to showed an increase on when a gtx 1080 is paired with a dedicated gtx 750 running the physics x inmproved 5-9 fps avg on games like the metro and batman arkam night. Which brings me to this question does physics x affect Trainz Tane or any other simulator in the same way and will it benefit from a dedicated physcis x card handling physics processes leaving the 1080 to handle the graphics and other things?

I read about this as well, but for some reason I couldn't get the setup to work when I tried and I gave up.

With the new Windows 10 installed, I may try it again in case it was a driver issue back then.

If you do it, let me know how it works and how easy it was to setup.

Will do as soon as I get some of time-off working for CSX its amazing how a dream job could turn into a nightmare.

Will do as soon as I get some of time-off working for CSX its amazing how a dream job could turn into a nightmare.

That's usually the case as it happened to me as well when I was hired at Oracle. The money was great initially, the coworkers were great, but then the workload tripled without the increase in pay and support to go along with the huge workload. In the end due to complications of a past health condition, I ended up going out on disability after suffering a small stroke.

Anyway I attempted this, but my older (sic) GTX780Ti proved to have some issues with it causing my system not to like the card being installed, and my even older GTX680Ti is totally dead. I'll let you play around and let me know how it works. :)

I believe the physX in trainz tane is locked to the cpu via the programing. To confirm this some from the dev team would need to chime in about how trainz tane uses PhysX

I believe the physX in trainz tane is locked to the cpu via the programing. To confirm this some from the dev team would need to chime in about how trainz tane uses PhysX

Pretty sure that is correct, I seen to remember last time the question was asked the official answer was that it's locked to the CPU, not sure if was on this forum or the beta forum, was at least a couple of years ago though.

Search in the TrainzDev forum for posts by Chris (Windwalkr). There is relatively recent post (Dec 17) in an IanWoodmore thread. I'd post the link but have no idea how to do that on an iPad. :eek:

My NVidia card requested a software update today, so now it does new stuff... and now it now is working like I thought it should... It never seemed to work before today. Anyone else seeing this with their NVidia cards?

PhysX 02.JPG

and its linked to this;

NVIDIA Intel Video 01.JPG

and;

NVIDIA Intel Video 03.JPG

Back