Trainz "Next" (TRS19) Official Announcement

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
Last edited:
Fantastic news! Congratulations for settling on a name - This is a much-anticipated and welcome new addition to the Trainz franchise.
Keen to beta test this one and will purchase when available in Q4 2018!

Meh, it's just eye candy. Probably will have the the crappy sound engine that gives us the famous default Clickity Clack tracksound, won't allow us to use dynamic engine sounds for electric locomotives and Multiple Units, No decent squealing or screeching when going through curves, nothing but a hammer sound on a table when going over junctions. It's funny cause a free opensource railway simulator like OpenBVE does all that.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it. Is this an upgrade from TANE or a different product altogether?

I'm also confused by the offer of a free 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition. If I'm using TANE, isn't that a step backwards?

This is a brand new build in the venerable Trainz franchise - a successor to T:ANE rather than merely an 'upgrade'.
Yup - TS2009 is a decade old and showing its age - but we can still appreciate the cool new things it brought to the Trainz simulators over its immediate predecessor, TRS2006, in the same way some gamers like to reminisce about the 'good 'ol days' of 8-bit console & video games.
Download and run it just to appreciate how far we have come!
From what little I've seen of it so far,
Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 will be a step-change up from T:ANE, particularly in its scenery creation and world-building capabilities.

I'm also confused by the offer of a free 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition. If I'm using TANE, isn't that a step backwards

For some posters in these forums T:ANE was a step backwards from 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition (I hasten to add that I am not one of those poor deluded souls).

For TANE users, TS2009 is a bit of a trip back in time, but having played around with TS2009 recently, it was really interesting to see what you could and couldn't do. The biggest thing I noticed was the short draw distance (where a heavy scene was culled by reducing draw distance to improve performance).

So it gives a great perspective on how far we've come over the years.

For non-Trainz people, it's an opportunity to see where we were at 10 years ago.

Two pertinent questions: 1) Will using it involve lots of horrendous asset updating? 2) How much is it going to cost?

Rob.

The myriad of rules (many with little information) are used extensively in TANE. While they may have values, their purpose and operation can be confusing. Really dumb things, like a poor choice of colors for instructions and no structure, leave this these assets a "wild west" of high value, but limited use. An obvious contradiction that is hopefully solved by the new product.

Last edited:
Meh, it's just eye candy. Probably will have the the crappy sound engine that gives us the famous default Clickity Clack tracksound, won't allow us to use dynamic engine sounds for electric locomotives and Multiple Units, No decent squealing or screeching when going through curves, nothing but a hammer sound on a table when going over junctions. It's funny cause a free opensource railway simulator like OpenBVE does all that.

So , if it does all that ( and i presume more ) why are you bothering with Trainz? ( and i'm no Trainz apologist ,as i think it has lots of faults )

Then go do that. Eye Candy is what Trainz needs, since it's better than any other railroad sim in most other regards.

Two pertinent questions: 1) Will using it involve lots of horrendous asset updating? 2) How much is it going to cost?

Rob.

Number one is the key, if its ANYTHING like TANE was for the first few years re assets not working , i'll not be upgrading . i'm currently about 2/3rd of a way through a route which was stuffed up by the last update , i can't contemplate spending more months restoring the route yet again if the new version does the same thing. also the new textures etc looks like they will need a horrendous amount of time to create or to modify all the old ones. i'm still getting textures mysteriously disappearing in TANE , so god knows what the new version will be like .
Unless there will be a way to replace the missing textures ( or other assets ), that's a hell of a lot better then the present state of affairs, i will have to stay put, my nerves just could not take yet another round of major replacements of items

A new exiting product "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019" would be most welcome for trainz sim modelers.
Well hope that this product can also be purchased as a disk set copy from Australian or global software gaming shops.
Always good to have a registered disk copy because sometimes may need to upgrade the personal computer or restore software after a major crash.
Just a thought why not supply with the new game an inbuilt KUID repair editor tool program (similar to the AssetX) or tools for creating ad-dons,
because many Trainz users do use these handy tools.

I am excited by this recent development of the new simulator, from what I have been seeing so far but I still have concerns over the support of using steam engines on the test track which has not been seen in the current version of Trainz, and I agree that the sounds especially for steam engines , shadows lighting and other visuals can stand some improvements, but from what I have seen so far, it looks great.

Last edited:
Looking forward. BUT.. have some 2 important wishes: :p

- I agree on the sound remark. BVE is very good in this remark. At least look on how TANE can be improved soundwise. Sound is VERY important for immersion. The DLS has now many more better electric sounds. Please update the standard one. In the config there are things like ramp up and down and I believe that the normal electric sound doesn't even use these features. So at least make full use of your own engine.
- Also please make sure the track condition can be set for the whole layout and then you can select portions of your route that have a bad rail. Fixing the train swing on high speed trains is very time consuming.

Back