Trainz "Next" (TRS19) Official Announcement

Meaning no disrespect, but for some that might work, but unfortunately for N3V, if everyone adopts that position, N3V will be out of business in a matter of months.
Cheers, Mac.

You are probably right, but that is not my problem. I am of the opinion that there should be a certain quality to the product before it is released. N3V doesn't have a great name in that regard (not the worst either) and previous versions have had too many issues for my taste. Hence i vote with my wallet because n3V is not a charity fund I donate to. Make a great product and I will buy it. Make a below par product and i'll wait till you fix it, or not at all.

In an ideal world, or one without any economic pressures, every product would be perfect when released.

The problem, of course, is in the definition of "perfect". Different users will have different definitions and different "standards" that they will expect to be met.

I agree that TANE, in its initial and SP2 releases, was far from my definition of "perfect". But never-the-less I saw in that "flawed product" a lot of potential and features that had been sadly lacking in TS12 and earlier. I had (and still have) enough faith in the Trainz "franchise" to join the beta test program and contribute to its "repair" and future, instead of just sitting at my terminal and sniping away at N3V. I am happy to say that I was able to help identify and track down the causes of several bugs. I appreciate that not everyone has the time or patience to be a beta tester, and I initially thought that I would probably be no good at it, but every contribution has been useful in producing the soon(tm) to be released HF3 update.

For as many errors that plauged T:ANE, it came out quite a good product with good intentions and ideas. It just needed some TLC and a bit of polish, and it was working all good

On a slightly different theme, would now be an appropriate time to set up a TRS2019 sub-forum?

I now have acquired a fair bit of experience in creating session via the current "Edit Session" user interface and I have to say that it is not "too bad".

The Session Programming "language" is Icon based rather than text based and, as a result, lacks the features of a fully procedural text or script language but it has a much shorter learning curve and is, in many ways, more "user friendly".

Are you sure? To me it looks like something from 1998! (or maybe 2005, as I believe it's fundamentally unchanged since TRS2006.)

Paul

Are you sure? To me it looks like something from 1998! (or maybe 2005, as I believe it's fundamentally unchanged since TRS2006.)

Yes I am sure. It is not "flashy", it is simple and it works. You are probably right about it being fundamentally unchanged since TRS2006, my memory does not stretch back that far.

Its focus is where it should be, on the rules and not on any "eye candy" interface. It is, in my humble opinion at least, a good example of the KISS principle. Unlike other programming applications where you have to spend a lot of time climbing the learning curve and keeping yourself up to speed, it is simplicity and I think that is how it should stay.

I agree pware, the Session Editor is the best I have ever used. Rules are great and we keep getting more. And it is not that hard if you reverse engineer a few sessions and follow their lead.

So... does the latest screenshot on the newsletter which is most definitely Penzance, confirm we are getting a West Country route in TRS2019? Looks very nice, though on a personal note I would rather see the tea-makers on the front of those trains replaced with a Class 42 Warship or Class 52 "Wizzo".

When the TS 2019 is made available most certainly going to buy a copy.
Hope that the free download offer for the latest version of the Niddertalbahn layout (created for the TANE purchase) is still available for the TS 2019 purchase.
Also would like to inquire if the new Trainz 2019 product will be compatible for Windows 7 (with service pack 1 and current updates) 64 bit version?
Because a lot of users including myself are still prefer using this operating system.

Last edited:
Last week, I applied to be beta-tester of TRS2019 and today's newsletter confused me a little bit. Was beta version of TRS2019 released?

Last week, I applied to be beta-tester of TRS2019 and today's newsletter confused me a little bit. Was beta version of TRS2019 released?

It appears so - as it's a closed one though N3V will probably have notified those (or will be if they haven't already) that have been successful in their application.

Shane

The pie chart on the newsletter showing the performance scores for the various Nvidia graphics cards for Trainz 2019 was very informative. It confirmed what I was expecting - that my Nvidia GTX 750Ti will not really be up to the task unless I want to set the performance sliders at low levels. Time to upgrade.

As for my laptop with its built in Intel HD graphics system that has barely managed with TANE, it will continue to be a TANE machine.

Has anyone following this thread been notified that they are a beta tester? I applied but haven't heard anything -- I'm unsure whether I should continue to live in hope or whether I should stand down.

Last week I signed up for the TR2019 newsletter but have not received anything yet. Also, yesterday's usual newsletter did not appear in my mailbox. I checked and am still signed up for the regular newsletter. Some gone wrong?

Trevor

Another confused by Newsletter which I did get, there is a new TrainzDev build though, wondering if the Newsletter was actually correct! Seems unlikely they would announce that a TS2019 build had been released before notifying those selected as testers, bearing in mind they have to go through the NDA signing first, assuming those already signed up as beta testers are going to have to sign it yet again for TS2019.

Nothing about it in the Beta forum either.

celje - You're right; the preferred abbreviation is 'TRS2019' - at least according to the newsletters.

Back