Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trainz "Next" (TRS19) Official Announcement

Default Trainz "Next" (TRS19) Official Announcement

We're very happy to let everyone in our Trainz community know that Trainz "Next" (working title) will officially be called "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019".

For the official news post visit this article (and don't forget to leave us a message).

Update June 1, 2018

You may also like to read the updated progress report here;
    https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...33#post1679133
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; June 1st, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Fantastic news! Congratulations for settling on a name - This is a much-anticipated and welcome new addition to the Trainz franchise.
    Keen to beta test this one and will purchase when available in Q4 2018!

Meh, it's just eye candy. Probably will have the the crappy sound engine that gives us the famous default Clickity Clack tracksound, won't allow us to use dynamic engine sounds for electric locomotives and Multiple Units, No decent squealing or screeching when going through curves, nothing but a hammer sound on a table when going over junctions. It's funny cause a free opensource railway simulator like OpenBVE does all that.
    Last edited by jd_james; May 10th, 2018 at 10:08 PM.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Looking great. I can't wait to beta test this one as well.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 105100

Looking forward to it. Is this an upgrade from TANE or a different product altogether?

I'm also confused by the offer of a free 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition. If I'm using TANE, isn't that a step backwards?

This is a brand new build in the venerable Trainz franchise - a successor to T:ANE rather than merely an 'upgrade'.
    Yup - TS2009 is a decade old and showing its age - but we can still appreciate the cool new things it brought to the Trainz simulators over its immediate predecessor, TRS2006, in the same way some gamers like to reminisce about the 'good 'ol days' of 8-bit console & video games.
    Download and run it just to appreciate how far we have come!
    From what little I've seen of it so far,
    Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 will be a step-change up from T:ANE, particularly in its scenery creation and world-building capabilities.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ecco View Post
    I'm also confused by the offer of a free 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition. If I'm using TANE, isn't that a step backwards
    For some posters in these forums T:ANE was a step backwards from 2009 Trainz World Builder Edition (I hasten to add that I am not one of those poor deluded souls).
    TRS19 Platinum 105100 - TRS19 SP1 (standard) 105096 - TANE SP4 (RC beta) 105476

For TANE users, TS2009 is a bit of a trip back in time, but having played around with TS2009 recently, it was really interesting to see what you could and couldn't do. The biggest thing I noticed was the short draw distance (where a heavy scene was culled by reducing draw distance to improve performance).

So it gives a great perspective on how far we've come over the years.

For non-Trainz people, it's an opportunity to see where we were at 10 years ago.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Two pertinent questions: 1) Will using it involve lots of horrendous asset updating? 2) How much is it going to cost?

Rob.

definately need a full sound overhaual as jd_james said, it just breaks the immersion, the sound is so important.

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

The myriad of rules (many with little information) are used extensively in TANE. While they may have values, their purpose and operation can be confusing. Really dumb things, like a poor choice of colors for instructions and no structure, leave this these assets a "wild west" of high value, but limited use. An obvious contradiction that is hopefully solved by the new product.
    Last edited by boleyd; May 11th, 2018 at 05:25 AM.
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.3ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 4gb video card

Quote Originally Posted by jd_james View Post
    Meh, it's just eye candy. Probably will have the the crappy sound engine that gives us the famous default Clickity Clack tracksound, won't allow us to use dynamic engine sounds for electric locomotives and Multiple Units, No decent squealing or screeching when going through curves, nothing but a hammer sound on a table when going over junctions. It's funny cause a free opensource railway simulator like OpenBVE does all that.
    So , if it does all that ( and i presume more ) why are you bothering with Trainz? ( and i'm no Trainz apologist ,as i think it has lots of faults )
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jd_james View Post
    Then go do that. Eye Candy is what Trainz needs, since it's better than any other railroad sim in most other regards.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    Two pertinent questions: 1) Will using it involve lots of horrendous asset updating? 2) How much is it going to cost?

Rob.
    Number one is the key, if its ANYTHING like TANE was for the first few years re assets not working , i'll not be upgrading . i'm currently about 2/3rd of a way through a route which was stuffed up by the last update , i can't contemplate spending more months restoring the route yet again if the new version does the same thing. also the new textures etc looks like they will need a horrendous amount of time to create or to modify all the old ones. i'm still getting textures mysteriously disappearing in TANE , so god knows what the new version will be like .
    Unless there will be a way to replace the missing textures ( or other assets ), that's a hell of a lot better then the present state of affairs, i will have to stay put, my nerves just could not take yet another round of major replacements of items
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

When a preview video will be available?