Article: Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations trainman7616. Our artist must be left-handed :)

With an eye for detail and a love of trains, you've earned yourself an invitation to our closed beta testing (so keep an eye out on your inbox).

Last edited:
Great news. I've enjoyed every version of Trainz released over the years and it gets better all the time.

I'm really looking forward to getting TRS2019 the moment it is available.

The one thing I would like to see in the new version is an 'easy-to-read' menu board system. (Please, no more black text on dark-blue backgrounds - Old guys have trouble reading.)

Cheers,
Roy

Fantastic news! Looking forward to this release like no other. Congratulations on settling on a name. Now for the delivery!

No word on a whole new sound effects engine to replace the garbage that has existed since since the earliest versions of Trainz. Disappointing. Let me guess, the same default Clickity Clack and junction point sound effects will be in TRS2019. No decent flange sounds when going through curves. Just eye candy and that's it. Up your game Tony!

What will happen to the built-in content from T:ANE; the C&O Kanawha, Kickstarter reward freight train, Blue Planet train, etc?

Well at least I correctly chose the title and the train in the recent quiz/survey. Don't know if I need another free copy of TS2009 though. Perhaps there should be something for those of us that have already got it all.:D

Railprigrim - You've got something - 10 years worth of memories and a head start on those who are grabbing it now :)

Chris - you'll have to be less cryptic than that for us to understand your point fully.

James - I'm pretty sure you can replace the sounds in <kuid:570470:100003>. There's this container: http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/"track-sound"_containerthat customises whatever sounds you like on a junction or crossing. If those things are working as expected, then please let us know.

Last edited:
Any chance it could have the little gas-electric and diesel-electric switchers that Mack Trucks built; especially their little centercab switcher Number 1 used at their Allentown plant? And with opening cab window panes?
Here, see photographs here, https://www.bigmacktrucks.com/topic/33657-mack-rail-–-the-locomotives/
In G scale models Hartland Locomotive Works has a decent representation of it. Some of their railbuses would be nice too.
(yes, I know, I want the quirky things you can't sell ten million of to the mass market)

So does that mean Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019 is going to pick up were tane left off with the bugs and none working software since released?
[h=2][/h]

So what is the default content and are we going to end up with potentially divisive different levels of release as happened with TANE - Standard, Deluxe and Collectors?

I am somewhat looking forward to this but as someone still working in TANE SP1 HF4 due to the complete mess the programmer(s) made in > SP2 I will probably take a raincheck on Day 1 purchase. And I know from the rather dismissive response to questions (not a wish list as it was spun back to me) about improvement in basic train sim functions, this is more than likely another, admittedly nice looking, but still another emperor's new clothes makeover for the product, on the spaghetti code dating back to 2001...! :)

I hope that the water placement could have the same ability to not stich together when adjoining levels touch in the same way splines do. It looks weird when you have a dam and the water slopes up it. Will 2019 push the limits of computers to a much higher level of spec to run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back