Just screenshots without any significance. 1920x1080 Pixel screenshots!!

A correction to the above.

I'm not known, to be the sharpest knife in the drawer :'( :D, and I have just been informed, that I completely missed the obvious fact, that the Summer season in the Northern hemisphere is Winter season in the Southern hemisphere. Talk about missing something :eek: :eek:.

Regards Claus

Hey Claus, over here it's summer almost 24-7, 365. Blinding sun and scorching heat day after day. You can't tell one season from the next. Here's a few from the Charbonneau Div...

fEbe4MO.jpg

lMe8HlN.jpg

aXaqCyx.jpg

pDDeZ8Z.jpg

Best,
smyers

wow Symers, nice work, reminds me of what I'm trying to do on my own railroad based off of the C&O/B&O, Southern and Pennsylvania railroad but with no diesel/electric locomotives keep those things miles away from my network, I'm 100 percent a steam guy.

Last edited:
Hey Claus, over here it's summer almost 24-7, 365. Blinding sun and scorching heat day after day. You can't tell one season from the next. Here's a few from the Charbonneau Div...

fEbe4MO.jpg

lMe8HlN.jpg

aXaqCyx.jpg

pDDeZ8Z.jpg

Best,
smyers

Amazing layout Steven :).

Somehow it appears much larger than it actually is. Beautiful work.

Best regards Claus

no diesel/electric locomotives. I'm 100 percent a steam guy.

Actually, that's the main reason for trying this project, to have a place to watch the big PRR (or my freelanced home road) steam without having a monstrously huge route which I have trouble managing and understanding. An M1b coming off the staging area. Not too bad so far...

dkBhAFe.jpg

It is pretty small, Claus, the original is a simple 2-track oval with a little switching and an engine servicing area with turntable. That's it. But the modelling quality is very high, that's the difference.

Best,
smyers

I do like on smaller routes you can go all out on little details. Your screens are always great to look at, keep up the good work.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Ah I see, Smyers, thanks for that, since I have not done a 2-8-2 Mikado locomotive for a few months since the railroad was using bigger, engines, here is Mikado steamer no.2786 (slightly dirty) with a short hopper train, loading them with coal, of note, this Baldwin built engine has a small-town whistle near the smokestack which you can't see from this angle.

Last edited:
I do like on smaller routes you can go all out on little details. Your screens are always great to look at, keep up the good work.

Many thanks. Smaller routes do allow for some OCD detailing as in this scene with the alleyway and disused platform...

jtPoXA2.jpg

Imagine doing this sort of thing on a 200-300 mile route. Even many of the rooftop details were added one at a time.

Beautiful 2-8-2, UP5521. Is that a Ben Neal version?

Best,
smyers

Last edited:
Yep, It is based on that one, but this version is reskinned and has a slightly dirty look, not every mikado rostered on the railroad is going to be spotless over time.

Last edited:
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Another 2-8-2 Mikado steam locomotive with a cap stack, switches a cut of tank and hoppers which by this point are loaded with crude oil and coal into a train then takes to the mainline, the weather has taken a turn for the worst which means slippery rails and/or a derailment if the crew in case they weren't aware of an ugly snowstorm was in the forecast, does not practice caution, that's the oil loading area in the background and a coal mine where coal is loaded is present on the siding.

Hi Claus, love that last shot - the way it is composed with the road climbing out of the valley, meeting the same grade as the railroad, then continuing out of frame over the hill while the railway cuts through the landscape in a succession of cuts and fills - it just screams realism...

Andy :)

Back