Just screenshots without any significance. 1920x1080 Pixel screenshots!!

Was wondering, how it would look in Pacific Electric RR red

Hmmm, interesting idea there, Claus. Even the P.E. post-war orange over black. However, the P.E. diesels were equipped with trolley poles for tripping signals and so on. Would a P.E. reskin still be acceptable?

Best,
smyers

Hmmm, interesting idea there, Claus. Even the P.E. post-war orange over black. However, the P.E. diesels were equipped with trolley poles for tripping signals and so on. Would a P.E. reskin still be acceptable?

Best,
smyers
Hi Steven.

I knew it :D. We have a long history with The Pacific Electric, don't we. Must be ten to fifteen years ago. How the Time flies :eek:.
It certainly depends of the work involved. I wouldn't want you to spend many hours doing it, but then again, if you feel up for it, I would love to see one, trolley poles or not :D.
Do you take on commissions :D :cool:.

Best regards Claus

It seems like, I can't get rid of a certain VW bus. It just follows me around :eek: ...

0xrY3E.jpg

G8Utpe.jpg

onFtWq.jpg

VkEbMj.jpg

SbB9lf.jpg

l2kxlK.jpg

JPN21I.jpg

To be continued.

We have a long history with The Pacific Electric, don't we. Must be ten to fifteen years ago. How the Time flies.

It sure does fly, whether you're having fun or not! The 'ol P.E. critter is still there, along with Tim Muir's superb products. 'll check out reskinning for P.E. In the meantime, you've set off a brainstorm or two for some other ideas. No commissions necessary, Claus, all for the love of the game.

Best,
smyers

It sure does fly, whether you're having fun or not! The 'ol P.E. critter is still there, along with Tim Muir's superb products. 'll check out reskinning for P.E. In the meantime, you've set off a brainstorm or two for some other ideas. No commissions necessary, Claus, all for the love of the game.

Best,
smyers

Sorry about the brainstorm, long time since I had one of those :D.

I still have all of Tim's PE equipment for use in Openrail. A pity running it in OR, since it all looked much better in the sweet ambient light of the old MSTS.

I just took a few screenies of the old PE critters in OR, just to jog your memory about the colours ;).

JhJnXx.jpg

fEeogk.jpg

x6Re0F.jpg

Regards Claus

Really superb shots, Piere. The little bugger looks great in them.
Best,
smyers

Thanks very much Smyers. You've done a great job with the weathered skin and it really fits right in to the feel of the route. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Piere.

Wow Claus, look at the 'ol critter!! Not too bad for the time, eh? I'll bet much of what we're seeing in those shots was made by Tim. He could sure crank out the stuff with amazing quality. Guess I'll have to give it a try, trolley poles or not. Many thanks, Claus.

Best,
smyers

Wow Claus, look at the 'ol critter!! Not too bad for the time, eh? I'll bet much of what we're seeing in those shots was made by Tim. He could sure crank out the stuff with amazing quality. Guess I'll have to give it a try, trolley poles or not. Many thanks, Claus.

Best,
smyers

IMO, the critter still looks very nice. But nothing beats the 4:3 aspect ratio in the old MSTS, when viewing these old models. They all looked so sweet and romantic in the MSTS light.

I think, Tim made/created pretty much everything you see in those scenes, Just think about having it available in Trainz :cool:. That would indeed be something.

Trolley poles or not, I just found something at The Train forge, got it for a Fiver... Great looking models :).

Snqkfq.jpg

KiAFnl.jpg

oFPNMn.jpg

I7BMRD.jpg

nlb7sv.jpg

WUShAp.jpg

m7mRqb.jpg

Do You recognize the location ;).

Best regards Claus

Last edited:
Great shots, Claus. The old route looks OK, eh? That GE is a nice one, a better choice for a P.E. diesel. I sure wish they'd make the 70 tonner. Did they really paint a stripe over the windows like that? One issue I've found with the Control Point model would be painting the P.E. zebra stripes on the pilot. The pilot seems to be made of several sperate parts, each with it's own texture. Getting them all together would be nearly impossible for a reskinner, it seems. The red P.E. should be easier, as there were no zebra stripes. But I've got a few other ideas that might work. The 45 tonner is really a great model, especially for the cost!

Best,
smyers

PS and great pics from Piere of Strasburg. Sure would like to be there now, as it's already 43C here!

Thanks Steven :).

The route is great, but there's not much space to navigate with the camera :).

A few more with a duo of Trainz Forge's SP steam locomotives on tight curves (too tight) ..

SX2l06.jpg

pJyhwF.jpg

N9CnIL.jpg

Y6Kjwm.jpg

MJL4xH.jpg

5sO2WF.jpg

7GKHkk.jpg

u9d1ry.jpg

Regards Claus

Nice ones, Claus. I wonder if we can remove the Minnesota emblem from the cylinders. It would be easier to freelance if not there.

Some of the Trainz Forge early diesels work really well on the tight curves. This is the whitepass SC 600 relettered for B&M..

GtWhBV0.jpg

The largest steam engine I've used is the K&L CN O18.

Best,
smyers

RNCR train 1M4 speeds south on BN Oasis. All 3 of this freelance railway's major paint schemes are represented in the lashup, from oldest to newest. All 3 schemes are callbacks to predecessor railroads of the RNCR. The "earth blue" dip job was used from 1968-1996, the vintage purple scheme from 96 til 2015, with the red/white from 2015 onwards.

4C4773343B1E515516FC3958B52F54D9D2647D09

FBD5ADED91FE499281FB16A9D91274FFEC34DCE5

D68807B4FB4E4D090D51234DAB6DF56AB3EF699B

960E791E9B8859C39BD2741C5B830A968127E0E7

3DF77C22DA247734DF3BDE75DB1C71AD854071B1

866987E62B1FF5845CEBEA4597B54DA7A0F39C85

20F8BE013536811F8792C06528986737762F8CA3

346604AE622702E8B52EF6A51BFDA4DF88981259

Some quick screenies of my latest acquisitions from Conrail (Jointedrail). Beautiful work on these Conrail diesels, with some exquisite details ..

URCsZk.jpg

YEr9nG.jpg

5LIvie.jpg

FxVLOy.jpg

tWZG07.jpg

To be continued.

Some quick screenies of my latest acquisitions from Conrail (Jointedrail). Beautiful work on these Conrail diesels, with some exquisite details .. Continued.

TQGUAp.jpg

UEoCHO.jpg

1QMreo.jpg

Ugmgb1.jpg

RKJsa5.jpg

HQhmZU.jpg

Regards Claus

Pulling into Eastport on Track 3

Amtrak "The Shoreliner" pulling in on time into Eastport on Track 3.

2022-05-30 213151.jpg

A view from the River Line heading towards Hull Lower-Level track 2. This Willows Point commuter train has barely started its 40-minute trip to Willows Point from Eastport a few minutes prior. This once very popular express is only a regular commuter train now.

Last edited:
Back