Latest nVidia WHQL Drivers available - 397.64 - Windows 10 64 bit

PC_Ace

Hauling Heavy Pixels
For those of you who - like me - do not install the GeForce Experience software, you might not be aware of the latest updated video drivers for your nVidia cards.
I rely on regular device driver update status checks - or alerts by reputable tech websites like (for instance) : https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-397-64-whql

Here you'll see what has changed; what has been fixed; which cards are applicable; new games supported; product compatibility and known issues remaining.
Suggest worthwhile to check it out.

These drivers appear to work well with T:ANE.

For those of you who - like me - do not install the GeForce Experience software, you might not be aware of the latest updated video drivers for your nVidia cards.
I rely on regular device driver update status checks - or alerts by reputable tech websites like (for instance) : https://videocardz.com/driver/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-397-64-whql

Here you'll see what has changed; what has been fixed; which cards are applicable; new games supported; product compatibility and known issues remaining.
Suggest worthwhile to check it out.

These drivers appear to work well with T:ANE.

Thanks for the update check. I was about to check manually myself because I don't use their Game Experience software either due to it being a big system performance hog. This is a great website and thanks for the link. I lost a bookmark this website sometime ago when I cleaned up stuff.

Just a couple of things to be aware of, having (eventually) installed the new drivers on the laptop this morning.

First, Geforce Experience now needs you to log in, either via a Google or other social media account or setting up a Nvidia account. Personal information harvest to get the latest drivers???

If you elect to do a manual download, Nvidia forces you to install the latest version of Java in order to search your computer for the current driver. In many PC circles, Java is regarded as little more than a virus or invitation to exploits. I keep it installed only because the old MSTS utilities need it but user beware.

Just a couple of things to be aware of, having (eventually) installed the new drivers on the laptop this morning.

First, Geforce Experience now needs you to log in, either via a Google or other social media account or setting up a Nvidia account. Personal information harvest to get the latest drivers???

If you elect to do a manual download, Nvidia forces you to install the latest version of Java in order to search your computer for the current driver. In many PC circles, Java is regarded as little more than a virus or invitation to exploits. I keep it installed only because the old MSTS utilities need it but user beware.

Actually it's not necessary to do that, Vern.

The driver, once you pick your video card and operating system in the manual categories, will be shown at the bottom of the screen. There's also an option to look for older drivers as well as beta drivers if you want to try those. I've been using this method for about a year now and no longer use the Geforce Experience, and from what you've said, all the reasons more not to use it.

The scan your system software they use I doubt is Java and is more likely Java Script. If you have scripting limited or disabled on your browser, you'll get prompted to enable it in order to run the applet, though I doubt it's even necessary to use their scanner if you go the manual route.

Agree - when you go to the nVidia Support site to obtain the latest drivers for your card, rather than use the 'auto-detect system', simply drop down the combo box options above that facility to advise your Operating System and choose your video card model and select your download from there. It is a quick and simple operation which can be carried out securely with you in control of every step.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

options.jpg

The videocardz website is famous/ notorious for breaking news about upcoming graphics hardware and is typically the first to publish benchmarks for as-yet-unreleased cards from AMD and nVidia.

Last edited:
I always use the manual download and avoid the extra junk such as experience, I get my heads up from Ten Forums also pretty much on the ball on Nvidia updates etc but check the Nvidia Forums for any issues before updating.
No problems on the Three Win10 PC's, GTX970, 980TI and 1060 just use the one download for all PC's.

Back