Problem with Signaling System on EK3 Route

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
All the signals on the Dermmy's EK3 route uses Jointed Rail's signals, which use the SmartSignal script. There's one problem: several signals show 'Signal Ahead at an Unknown State', even when there's a signal ahead of it by less than a half-mile. The signals showing this are the 'S242.9W', which is a 'Safetran CLight Signal 06 LD' and is located west of the Hazard depot and just before the crossover and several 'Safetran NS Signal dwarf' spaced across the route, some located at the end of sidings and in between two switches. Does anyone have this problem? Should I replace the offending signals with a different signal? Is there something going on with the script? Can someone help me?

I'll send you a PM...

Look at Justin Roth's equivalent signals. He made some NS signals which work.

There's one problem: several signals show 'Signal Ahead at an Unknown State', even when there's a signal ahead of it by less than a half-mile.

Does this happen when a train is facing them? It doesn't matter how close the next signal is, it's just saying that the next signal state isn't known, which may or may not happen if that next signal is off (approach-lit) or in some other state in-between function. In that case, the system will work just fine once the signal with an unknown state activates due to presence of a train. Most of the signal assets can handle the off-states but some of them were so old they didn't have their tables updated, they still work fine, but signals attempting to read them when they are in special modes may not understand what state the next signals are in when no train is setting them active.

Yes it happens when a train is facing them. I also use the 'advance approach' setting, and the 'approach-lit' setting. I think I'll uncheck the 'approach-lit' setting and see what happens.

Over a year later, did you solve this problem because it still exists! I've just struck it, at the same location, although I'd run twenty plus tests through the same area before it happened! Great route, but this is a killer, especially for a dumby like me.

Over a year later, did you solve this problem because it still exists! I've just struck it, at the same location, although I'd run twenty plus tests through the same area before it happened! Great route, but this is a killer, especially for a dumby like me.

I resolved the problem by replacing them with a combination of justinroth's JMR ST TS and JMR ST vader signals; I've also since moved onto TRS19.

For anyone with a similar problem I did find an easy solution, I placed an invisible signal next to the problem one and also another half way to the next signal. This was done in the session layer, so didn't alter the route layer.

Back