Pguy latest update

Trainz latest beta has just updated the interlocking towers assets by pguy and all the assets became void. All 5 towers and all their paths all went red and are now empty. Tried to remove the updates and now the towers show as missing.

Hi Stagecoach.

EIT and MCM last update (essentialy a few fixes for some very specific configuration that did not give the correct expected results) works fine for me under last beta SP3 build 93467 and has been tested with no problems on the usual 5 routes and sessions I use as representative tests cases of how EITS and MCM are used by most trainzers.

Have you checked that all updated assets downloaded from DLS were correctly submitted (no remaining asset opened for edition) ? Have you tried a database rebuild ?

If after these actions, you are still in trouble with latest updated versions, can you package in a cdp your route and session (and any dependency not available on DLS) and send it to me via email with some information about which tower, path, train, ... is in trouble so that I can have a look to it. I will send you my email address via PM.

Regards.
Pierre.

I got a few errors with the latest updates, on build SP2. Viewing errors and warnings revealed some scripts failing to compile. I can confirm that performing a simple database rebuild fixed everything.

John

Hi

I also had issues with assets turning red. However on opening Mission Code Manager there was a message advising that if there were problems then to carry out a database rebuild. After doing this all was well.

Pierre - what is the new "Exit signal track check mode:" parameter for? I had a look at the Wiki but there didn't seem to be an update for it.

Regards

Brian

Hi

. . . what is the new "Exit signal track check mode:" parameter for? I had a look at the Wiki but there didn't seem to be an update for it.

Regards

Brian

MissionCode Manager rule has been designed to work both with standard interlocking towers and enhanced interlocking tower. So in its initial versions MCM do not rely on the enhanced path TCB option to check that an exit track is not occupied, but has its own method to check the exit track avaibility looking forward and backward from the exit signal until the first junction encountered or the end of the track, checking that no consist is present on this exit track before trying to assign the path.
Now with last MCM version, the exit signal track check mode enables to choose between the previous above method (which is still for compatiblity reason the default method) or relying on the enhanced path TCB option if the target path is an enhanced path.

This enables for example to set at a terminus station an exit path TCB limited to half of the terminal platform, and with the adequate option MCM using the enhanced path exit TCB option will consider the platform available if there is no train or if only half of it is occupied and will consider it as not available if both half of the platform are occupied. Was added on demand of some trainzers to be able to send two commuters trains succesivly to the same platform using standard MCM configuration to enable some coupling operations ...

But the default method used has not been changed, and so the new MCM is still compatible with the old MCM when using the default ...

Hope this helps understand the option. I will also update the wiki when I will have some free time available ...
Regards.

Pierre.

Last edited:
Hi Pierre

Thank you for the explanation and for the updates. I make extensive use of all the assets on the routes that I use and like to understand what the parameters are all for.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Pierre for the offer of help. I have already rebuilt the towers under the 49 version of the EIT. After all towers went red I deleted the newer 50 version and the route showed all towers as missing asset. The EIT was still available for selection and I placed a new EIT next to the asset missing box and deleted missing assets. At present time all is working again.

I don't know if this is related to the updates but I am repeatedly getting an Assertion Message (beta build 93467) when exiting TANE after editing properties in <kuid2:61392:8101:50> Enhanced TRC3 invisible Interlocking Tower (SP2 and later). I have logged a bug report with N3V who have confirmed an issue - "QA has verified this issue & documented it under TSR 23271".

IT_Leaked_Specs.jpg

I have only just started experimenting with Interactive Towers in the last few days, after avoiding them because they looked far too complicated, so I have no idea what is causing this. The layout I am using is bare-bones two baseboard with only track and signals (plus a few TRC3 assets).

Back