TRC Crossing problem

nidagal

hello. i'm trying to use TRC Crossing on a test route...i have set it up according to the tutorial, it seems to work fine except for one small problem.. the crossing and the gates open even before the entire train crosses the crossing. i'm not sure why? i posted on the TRC Thread... did not know if it was the right thread so posting it again here. can someone please help.

thanks
Nidagal

Is your TRC trigger too far from the crossing? I'm not able to look and refresh my memory right now but I believe the "leaving" radius is preset at something like 10 meters from the trigger, so if your trigger is too far away then it might cause this?

The trigger must be placed very close to the crossing.

The radii tell the system when to close the gates. The bigger the radii the sooner the gates will close - taking into consideration how fast the train is going.

The trigger tells the system when to open the gates. The trigger is activated when the entire train has passed.

I use the TRC system after leaving behind ATLS crossings. The reason is TRC so much simpler to set up.
Try using the settings at 700 for the rear of the trigger and 150 to the front of the trigger. If your train stops at a station prior to the crossing then make sure you have the appropriate radio button activated. Place your triggers two or three baseboard squares from the crossing, and all should be fine. It's all a bit of trial and error.
Hope this helps you.
Cheers,
Val.

With V3 the trigger should be placed near the crossing.

https://sites.google.com/site/trcv2english/3-TRC-system-V3

The TRC trigger watches the track both in front and behind according to the radius of detection you choose (see bellow). As soon as it detects a train, it commands the closure of the crossing. Once the train passed over the crossing, it commands its opening .

image63.jpg

thanks guys for the quick reply, it works fine if i keep the trigger near the crossing, but there seems to be one more problem, i'm using the TRC FR Old Barrier 8 M for the crossings and Traffic Stopper 4 m. the problem now is the cars start moving even before the barriers are fully up, how do i solve this...
thanks for the help.

thanks guys for the quick reply, it works fine if i keep the trigger near the crossing, but there seems to be one more problem, i'm using the TRC FR Old Barrier 8 M for the crossings and Traffic Stopper 4 m. the problem now is the cars start moving even before the barriers are fully up, how do i solve this...
thanks for the help.

I would try using one of the TRC traffic stoppers: <kuid2:458053:100954:1> TRC Traffic Stopper 2 tracks, <kuid2:458053:101002:1> TRC Traffic Stopper 3 tracks, etc. I don't know if TRC works correctly with other traffic stoppers. BTW, if you have an angled crossing, you can use a 4 track or higher stopper so the cars stop far enough back.

- Dave

the problem now is the cars start moving even before the barriers are fully up, how do i solve this...
thanks for the help.
Place a Police Car just off the road near the crossing. That'll make the gate jumpers a little more cautious.

hello. i'm trying to use TRC Crossing on a test route...i have set it up according to the tutorial, it seems to work fine except for one small problem.. the crossing and the gates open even before the entire train crosses the crossing. i'm not sure why? i posted on the TRC Thread... did not know if it was the right thread so posting it again here. can someone please help.

thanks
Nidagal

I seem to be having this same problem but only when the crossings are at an extreme angle. ie: road is north-south (0 - 180 degrees) and the track comes in at 135 - 315 degrees. TRC trigger is 15-20 meters from the crossing and the TRC scenery gates go up/down when they should. Traffic on the road does stop. I'm using a 5 track Traffic Stopper to keep the cars back from the crossing. Road splines are attached to the Traffic Stopper but not the track.

If I cross the trigger and then the crossing the gates start going up when the loco gets to a point which looks to be the distance between the trigger and crossing (15-20 meters.) If going in the other direction (crossing then the trigger) the gates open when the last car in the consist passes over the trigger.

Why does it work one way but not the other? OP didn't mention what the angle of the crossing is so I'm wondering if that's a factor.

Hi

As mentioned above, place the trigger no more than 10 meters from the crossing. I use the same method for diagonal crossings as you have described and have not had any issues so far. The crossings that I use are the payware ones from Reggies Trains.

Regards

Brian

Hi

As mentioned above, place the trigger no more than 10 meters from the crossing. I use the same method for diagonal crossings as you have described and have not had any issues so far. The crossings that I use are the payware ones from Reggies Trains.

Regards

Brian

I've tried closer, farther and on the other side. It's just this one crossing (so far) so I'm not concerned. Might have left something behind when I ripped out the ATLS assets.

Being a Colonist, I was not familiar with PMSL. I had to look it up. It's much better than LMAO.

For whom the (crossing) bell tolls

thankssings
Nidagal
Hi Nidagal: After many hours of experimenting, I found no way to make the TRC system work correctly using just one trigger. I now have an oval- dogbone pattern test track set up. Traffic stopper is the TRC 2-track one. Connect track loop so that trains travel thru one crossing track, then loop back and travel thru the other crossing track. Tracks and road must connect to the traffic stopper. Place TRC triggers about 60 feet from the road, make sure they point toward the crossing. Set front and rear radii to 150 meters on all 4 triggers. This makes the front radii overlap. I ran two trains around the oval at 40 mph to cause maximum confusion for the crossing, and it worked perfectly under all scenarios. The gates held down firmly until the train(s) cleared the triggers, with no glitches or early opening. Use the TRC traffic stoppers and crossing gates, and you will avoid the problem of the cars starting before the gates open. On your route, you will probably want to set the rear trigger radii to a higher value depending on train speed. That's it! I have TANESP2, build 90945. Good luck, see you on the high iron!

TRC3 trigger

The latest version is TRC 3.
KUID 2:458053:100686:12
It is designed to be a one trigger setup.
HI Ecco: I know the TRC is designed for one-trigger setup. But it would not work correctly on my route. A couple of times, the gates closed only to open prematurely, and then for only one train direction. After adding second trigger, operation is perfect. I also have a 4-track crossing set up, using 8 triggers and it also works flawlessly. Probably a glitch somewhere in my build ? Anyway thnx for the comment,

I had both TRC 2 and 3 crossings installed on my route and had the same issue where I sometimes needed to use 2 triggers per track on the v3 crossings. Now that I removed all v2 asset and have only version 3 TRC assets on the route, single triggers are working well. Just a thought.

Back