unlocking locked switches

hello to everyone:

the only thing I can say bad about tane is their locked switches when a train approaches them. is there a setting to manually unlock switches? I could be half a mile out and the switch gets locked up because theres a train approaching.

switchmen37

The best way to unlock it is to find the train that has locked it and stop it.
Sort out the problem then restart the offender.
Cheers,
Mike

Is more complicated than that. Speed is also a consideration here. If the train is travelling at speed, it will lock the points at the distance, and if it approaches slowly, the points may remain unlocked until the train is near. I think it was made this way for the multiplayer feature. But in reality, I would prefer not to have it. Perhaps there should be a control to disable this "option" if we don't need it. have suggested this in the past, falling in deaf ears.

Hi

Try putting a trackmark about half a mile (or whatever distance you deem necessary) from the junction and driving via it. That should stop the offending train from trying to set its route until it has passed the trackmark.

Regards

Brian

Nobody in the real world will be throwing switches across when there's a train 800m (half a mile) away, at least when travelling at mainline speed.

However, in this regard, lower the junction radius in the track 'advanced' menu, and if it's an AI train then use a trackmark.

It'll likely fall on deaf ears since it's a greater representation of real life than being able to throw a point 20m away while a train is moving at it.

thanks all the of members answer this thread:

maybe i can get use to this. let me try it as is and see if I can . what if the switches switch them selfs and as the train approach the turnout from that track its on. I know maybe impossible just tinking .

sorry stupid idea

switchmen37

Back