How to download freeware from Jointed Rails.

Soviet_Canine

Hello fellow Trainz users, I am a new member of trainz after purchasing TANE SP2, however I have one question, How do I import Files (freeware locos) that I download from jointed rails ( chrome) to the content manager. This may be simple for you but I have no idea as I am new. If anyone would like to explain it to me that would be nice. I have Windows 10 if anyone needed that information, thanks.

Hi, Welcome to the community. To install content into trainz you need to find .cdp's downloaded, Typically in your download folder. Most times Jointedrail will pack their content into a .rar or .zip format to compress the files. If that is the case unpack / unzip with the appropriate extractor, most of the time Winrar will do the job just fine. Once you locate the .cdp's and have the content manger open you can either simply drag and drop into the content manager window or File -> Import cdp's either way works. Hope this helps and have fun. :)

Cheers,
-Andrew R.

Last edited:
Good to see you again Soviet_Canine, and I see you got TANE all fixed now:)

What UP8328 said is all correct, just got to make a account with JR to enable the download button, but then, everything that's above this one is to then be followed.

Happy Trainzing:)

Cheers,
Hiawathamr

I'm a noob and having trouble

Hi, Welcome to the community. To install content into trainz you need to find .cdp's downloaded, Typically in your download folder. Most times Jointedrail will pack their content into a .rar or .zip format to compress the files. If that is the case unpack / unzip with the appropriate extractor, most of the time Winrar will do the job just fine. Once you locate the .cdp's and have the content manger open you can either simply drag and drop into the content manager window or File -> Import cdp's either way works. Hope this helps and have fun. :)

Cheers,
-Andrew R.

When I do this I can see the locos I downloaded in my menu to spawn in, but their name's are red and I can't spawn them in. What did I do wrong?

When I do this I can see the locos I downloaded in my menu to spawn in, but their name's are red and I can't spawn them in. What did I do wrong?

Is this the Content Manager List? Right click the loco in the list and select View Errors and Warnings.

If it's the traincar list in the Trains tab of Surveyor, open Content Manager with a custom filter and filter on Category 'Locomotive'. Then select the loco, right click and select View Errors and Warnings.

Otherwise, describe exactly what menu you are referring to.

Check you have all the dependencies downloaded. To view the dependencies you can right click the asset in question then click view dependencies. If they are any KUID numbers with a ? symbol near it. That means it is missing and you need to download it.
Check http://jointedrail.com/product-category/dependencies/ you might be able to download them from there on JR locos. Hope this helps.

Back