CDP file viewer? Extraction?

Griphos

So....is there a way to view the contents of cdp files without installing them? Or a way to just extract one or two assets from a large cdp file and install those separately? I don't have the HDD space to be installing 1 gb dependencies files for one or two small assets.

No.

You can use ftp to just bring in the asset from th DLS without the dependencies. Having said that if its missing dependencies unless it is a layout it won't show in the game.

You can use preview in Content Manager once its been downloaded.

Cheerio John

I'm needing a few assets from a very large dependency pack for the new Appalachian Central. None of the assets in the pack appear to be on the DLS. The pack is dependencies for a route that doesn't work in TANE. I only have TANE. So, most of the dependencies aren't useful for me at all.

I just need two:

<kuid:366297:100021> QHG Aria Small Depot
<kuid:366297:100056> QHG JR MS Lt Grey Tunnel

They seem to be quite important assets (without which the route will be significantly incomplete).

I don't see any "Preview in Content Manager" option in CM.

Excellent!!! That is exactly what I needed! Using it allowed me to see that the dependencies I wanted weren't even in the huge cpd file I'd downloaded. They were in a much smaller cdp file called sub-dependencies. And the tool extracted the two assets I needed efforlessly. Both are installed now.

Thanks for the help!! What a fantastic tool! I'm going to send him a donation.

Also, his routes look very nice.

EDIT: Actually, the donate button on his software download page appears to be broken (something wrong with his paypal account). I'll try to send him a message about that.

Last edited:
did you find them??

I'm needing a few assets from a very large dependency pack for the new Appalachian Central. None of the assets in the pack appear to be on the DLS. The pack is dependencies for a route that doesn't work in TANE. I only have TANE. So, most of the dependencies aren't useful for me at all.

I just need two:

<kuid:366297:100021> QHG Aria Small Depot
<kuid:366297:100056> QHG JR MS Lt Grey Tunnel

They seem to be quite important assets (without which the route will be significantly incomplete).

I don't see any "Preview in Content Manager" option in CM.

So did you ever find those two exact assets? The same ones I need for the Appalachian Central??? Because I sure can't.

I admit, I did not read carefully enough, but, he doesn't say exactly what file he was looking in, to get the dependencies that I too need. I would use that tool on the big file too, if I knew what big file he extracted those two dependencies from...

I did. "They were in a much smaller cdp file called sub-dependencies."

But this was many years ago, now, and I haven't messed with TANE in some time, and so don't remember the details beyond what I wrote above. Sorry.

Back