Lack of British Content

ISTR (not at a PC with access to Trainz ATM), there is a reasonable selection of 1st gen DMU/EMU stock.
Pretty certain there's a Class 116/117/118 suburban DMU along with a Class 121 bubble car.
There's also a Class 124 Trans-Pennine DMU.
There's also a surprisingly good Hastings DEMU available.
For electrics I'm fairly certain there is a Class 305 or similar for AC and a variety of SR third rail stock.
Whether these work in TANE or meet modern expectations I can't say but they are there.
One DMU I would like to see modelled though is the Class 120 Cross Country. These were quite widespread on what came to be the "Provincial Express" routes around Britain. Built for comfort and had a distinctive rasping exhaust on pullaway. Very nice to travel on, particularly across the Central Wales Line!
For EMU's, well the Class 310 was the mainstay of outer suburban services on the southern section of the LMR, later being transferred to the LT&S.

Sadly neither a Class 120 or Class 310 was preserved which might make reproducing in Trainz a challenge, particularly getting hold of authentic sounds.

Good try by you there martinvk! In passing as some know I have built what is left in one of the 4 nations here in GBover in Ulster -namely N. Ireland Railways (plus over the Border). However I have found how a dashed challenge this has been with so much scenry to do in Eire on the Belfast-Dublin route for the "Enterprise Express" service. Off an on will take me a big chunk of 2018 to stick to the extensions but here is hoping.........:eek:

How to find British content...

1, Make a new thread complaining that there is a lack of British content.
2, Sit back and wait.
3, Read through the posts in the thread.
4, Download content.

Simple :)

Last edited:
euromodeller Plot twist, it was a bait thread and he did that on purpose so we can post all the links and kuid numbers of british items

Considering that we invented railways it is should be an encouragement for more British stuff. Now I am going back to work on the one I am very widely in to..........

... One DMU I would like to see modelled though is the Class 120 Cross Country. These were quite widespread on what came to be the "Provincial Express" routes around Britain. Built for comfort and had a distinctive rasping exhaust on pullaway. Very nice to travel on, particularly across the Central Wales Line!
Yes, yes, yes! These ran on the service from Lincoln to Crewe via Nottingham and Derby back in the 70s and were much used for spotting trips. I'd love to see one of these!

Paul

Back