Lack of British Content

alantaylor61

Sir's i am disgusted by the lack of British content on the download station and the amount of rubbish you allow to be put on there this is an insult to real train builders having been a fan for many years and the amount of first class tickets i have brought I now intend to leave and not support Trainz any more. You Sir are taking money under false pretences

I agree with you there is a lack of british content but thank God I discovered a website where you can find a lot of british content:

CLICK HERE

There are literally thousands of items of British content available. I wouldn't call that a lack myself...

You can't be serious. I model the grouping transition period and my hard drive is groaning with the amount of locomotives and rolling stock I've stuffed into it from the Download Station.

Sir's i am disgusted
a tad over the top?
by the lack of British content on the download station and the amount of rubbish you allow to be put on there this is an insult to real train builders having been a fan for many years and the amount of first class tickets i have brought I now intend to leave and not support Trainz any more. You Sir are taking money under false pretences
As others have mentioned, there is plenty of British content if you look. As for rubbish, I suppose that is in the eye of the beholder. To bad the DLS is not up to your standards. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Plus by content, I don’t know if he meant by either routes or by content. If it’s for routes, okay then, are you looking for Steam, Diesel or Electric, era routes. If he was looking for steam era routes I could sort of understand him as there are not many good quality UK routes that are set in the steam era. But for routes set in the Diesel and Electric Era there is a lot to choose from (including a built in route). As for content, I think he needs to re-check the DLS, as there is a lot of British content available.

Sir's i am disgusted by the lack of British content on the download station and the amount of rubbish you allow to be put on there this is an insult to real train builders having been a fan for many years and the amount of first class tickets i have brought I now intend to leave and not support Trainz any more. You Sir are taking money under false pretences

Disagree with you on your first point; There's plenty of UK content on the DLS (and third party sites). What version of Trainz are you running? Hopefully some UK fans can post some good links to UK sites for you to download third party UK content.

Second point; I strongly agree with you. There's just far to much rubbish being put on the DLS, obviously by pre-teens. The problem is who decides whether or not it is good enough for the DLS. Where's the line drawn. Who make the decision as to whether or not it's good enough. Who polices it? I'm just not to sure what the answer is there!!!

Disagree with you on your third point. Nobody is forcing you to buy any N3V products. Do some due-diligent's before you make any further Trainz purchasing decisions.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
[I said:
While I'm at it, MF01, I personally find your Hobbit nodding avatar/picture/signature irritating. I'm close to putting you on my ignore list... (Can someone please remind me which side of the bed to get out off in the morning, as I may have gotten out of the wrong side)? [/I]:hehe:

Cheers, Mac...

Go ahead, you can put me on your "ignore list" :wave:

Second point; I strongly agree with you. There's just far to much rubbish being put on the DLS, obviously by pre-teens. The problem is who decides whether or not it is good enough for the DLS. Where's the line drawn. Who make the decision as to whether or not it's good enough. Who polices it? I'm just not to sure what the answer is there!!!

Before I download anything I look at the thumbnail picture and if it looks to be on the naff side I don't download it. Simple really. What does annoy me though is folk who don't provide a proper thumbnail picture and don't give any description of what their model/route/session/etc actually is.

By the way I liked your Gandalf animated picture MF01

Hahahahaha nope man, I know it's a bit confusing because he has a baton ( like Moses ) but it's Gandalf ( the Grey here )

There is UK content on the DLS, and I'm having a fun time as I'm creating a UK model railway route, which requires tons of UK content. If you know the item name / author to search, it helps a lot.

There are even some on 3rd party sites..

Anyway, don't let the door hit you while exiting:eek:

The problem is who decides whether or not it is good enough for the DLS. Where's the line drawn. Who make the decision as to whether or not it's good enough. Who polices it? I'm just not to sure what the answer is there!!!

And that has always been the problem. The only criteria that an upload to the DLS must meet are that it must not violate copyright and must not be offensive ("Lamppost Linda" was an approved upload because the "offense" was in the mind of a few beholders;)).

One man's DLS "treasure" can be anothers "junk". Who decides? Are Alcos better than Baldwins? Are British locos second rate compared to American? Who can judge the "worth" of a layout - I still cringe with embarrassment when I look at my first DLS layouts but I think I have got better since (some may disagree).

Should the right to upload to the DLS only be given to a privileged few who meet some arbitrary "standard"?

Back