Help! MyTrainz account not authorized!

Soviet_Canine

So i finally got TANE on steam two days ago, (yay) So I Created a MyTrainz account. And I logged into it for TANE. Now here is where the problems arrive, when I tried to download some assets on the download station, for every single time It said, Can not download asset mytrainz account not authorized. Even worse is that my timeline doesn't include TANE If anyone could help me that would be awesome as this is ruining my last two days :(. Thanks if anyone responds.

Oh well

Looks like the forums were no help, compared to other posts which got attention. Looks like I’ll have to wait for the help desk :|

We would have had you contact the helpdesk anyway. This is a server issue where the Steam connection doesn't always talk with N3V's servers.

Welcome anyway.

Welcome to the world of Trainz Soviet.

With the authorised issue, there is a common problem of the Steam servers not communicating with N3V's authorisation servers to activate. Best way to solve this is to contact the help desk, which can be found at the top of your post here.

Hope it helps and happy Trainzing :)

Update!

Bad news, So help desk responded and I did what they Said, and it didn’t work so if anyone knows how to fix this it would appreciated. I also responded to help desk that it didn’t work so. I’ll be waiting for that too.

Hopefully Helpdesk can sort it as T:ANE isn't showing next to your username either. Did you put your username and password in the Trainz Settings box before attempting to download any content? You may have to restart the game after doing this.

Shane

What did the Helpdesk tell you to do?

Did steam give you a serial number? If so, have you tried entering it into your MyTrainz profile.

Problems with registering pretty much have to go thru the Helpdesk, there is very little we can do here. If what they said didn't work, let them know that & let them come up with something else.

Bear in mind, that N3V is a small Australian company, so the Helpdesk is only manned during their business hours & not on weekends.

peter

What did the Helpdesk tell you to do?

Did steam give you a serial number? If so, have you tried entering it into your MyTrainz profile.

Steam doesn't give out serial numbers, they're like the N3V digital version - I happen to own both N3V and Steam versions of TANE ;)

Bad news, So help desk responded and I did what they Said, and it didn’t work so if anyone knows how to fix this it would appreciated. I also responded to help desk that it didn’t work so. I’ll be waiting for that too.
Did you send screenshots with your message(s)? That is what I always do and it usually gets the message as pictures can tell a million words;)

Last edited:
Okay, had no idea if you were or weren't. Just wanted to check in on that.

Just wondering, did you went to the Trainz Settings and then the internet tab and entered the same login info there?

Update 2

So about 10 hours ago help desk responded, asking for proof that I had TANE on steam so I did. However now I have not heard back from them. So now I wait as I regret getting TANE off of steam instead of trainz store.

The help desk is not a huge call centre located in India. I believe it is manned by only a few people so it can take a day or two to get back to you ... and the next day or two is over a weekend so perhaps Monday?

I know N3V games is a few people working hard.

The help desk is not a huge call centre located in India. I believe it is manned by only a few people so it can take a day or two to get back to you ... and the next day or two is over a weekend so perhaps Monday?

I do understand that they are a very small group of people, which is why I was supprised when they responded in 6 hours. So i’ll Do what i’ve Been doing waiting, until Monday. Oh well I won’t melt by Monday. Even if they don’t respond by Monday they could of contacted steam support as the last time they responded to me was about showing proof of TANE on steam. So by Monday/Tuesday they may respond.

As more people allready asked : did you went to the Trainz Settings and then the internet tab and entered the same login info there?

This is for TS12 :

Yes

As more people allready asked : did you went to the Trainz Settings and then the internet tab and entered the same login info there?

This is for TS12 :
Yes I have I entered my login info there and it accepts it, the problem is that steam and n3v servers not communicating correctly and letting my account register TANE on it.

So about 10 hours ago help desk responded, asking for proof that I had TANE on steam so I did. However now I have not heard back from them. So now I wait as I regret getting TANE off of steam instead of trainz store.
Its weekend time (Friday here in the States) (since you're from Australia, you know its Saturday ;) ). N3V is closed for the weekend, so Sunday night (USA) or sometime Monday you should hear back. They haven't forgotten, but do need a break as well :)

They usually continue until your happy with everything:)

Another thought I've had is if there's a possible firewall issue. Does it specifically say that the login information is correct? You will have to close the game and re-open it after doing that process.

Shane

Back