Irrigation Canals?

HiBaller

19 Years of Trainz
Does anyone know of any irrigation canals similar to these in the pictures? If it was just one area of the route, it wouldn't be a big deal, but the canal follows the tracks for nearly the length of the route. I've tried every combination I can think of, but I have a feeling there might be some good ones with names in a foreign language.

Any help?

irrigation1.jpg

irrigation2.jpg

irrigation3.jpg

irrigation4.jpg

irrigation5.jpg

irrigation6.jpg

irrigation7.jpg

irrigation8.jpg

irrigation9.jpg

Thanks, Bill

So a search on the DLS for the term "irrigation." Pencil42 has some stuff you might be able to use.

That was the first combination I tried. His content is good, but doesn't look anything like my pictures. I need vertical concrete walls and an occasional floodgate or holding pit wider than the canal.

Bill

You might have to build it out of separate objects. There could be some retaining walls, if sunk far enough, that might work. Other objects that have nothing to do with irrigation ditches could be used too. Sure, more work, but there is too much variety out there for every style to be represented, unless someone builds a specific type of irrigation ditch spline that looks like what you need, along with associated parts.

I was hoping someone might recognize an asset with a foreign name. I've tried German, French, Russian and Italian words for 'irrigation' and 'canal', but haven't found anything. I suspect you're right. There are nice concrete retaining walls and I can keep them a set distance apart easily. My major problem is to get water into the canal without it projecting through the walls and messing the effect. Maybe a small sream spline might work instead of trying to add a big splotch of water.

Most retaining walls have aprons extending out quite a ways. In many spots around the route, the canal is way higher than the trainbed and the nearby automobile road. This means the wall apron sticks out too far. I have to use a simple concrete wall with no apron. It can be done, but it's tedious.

Bill

Back